Most Online
    LanaM
    Newest Member
    LanaM
40/70 Benchmark

Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

Ozone

:lol:

For real, QPF can do whatever it wants to. The way the GFS and Euro depict the mid level low and trowal right now ... this is a 20" storm for someone (likely NE MA to downeast Maine)

:lol:

For real, QPF can do whatever it wants to. The way the GFS and Euro depict the mid level low and trowal right now ... this is a 20" storm for someone (likely NE MA to downeast Maine)

It's a classic TROWAL on the thickness pattern. I mean classic.

Based on latest trends I think this area has as shot at 15+ over to the coast and up in to ME.  Although I might be a little too far west for that type of total.  I think it will be close though.

Ya, that run of the RGEM honestly seemed out of left field. Is there another model even within 200 miles of it. I'm all for a bowling ball digging but I wonder how much room this has to correct SW. Another 75 miles would make a lot of folks on this board even happier. Euro Ens may lead way.

I won't be shocked is we see major shift in that direction.

I know Will said he doesn't expect another 18-24"er, but that isn't off the table yet, imo.

I won't be shocked is we see major shift in that direction.

I know Will said he doesn't expect another 18-24"er, but that isn't off the table yet, imo.

With a tighter stronger ML and Capture further SW it's firmly on the table for NE mass, not sure how far SW it's on the table but we wait and watch. I am really intrigued by Wind Prospects thou in this one if that Earlier Capture occurs.

I'd like to see folks talking more about the winds..This is going to be a serious issue region wide..Ryan had a blog about winds gusting to 65mph all over CT

Matt Lanza ‏@mattlanza  5m

In thinking about it...really feels like uncharted territory here for New Eng. Gotta think infrastructure is taxed + 40-60 mph winds? Yikes.

I'd like to see folks talking more about the winds..This is going to be a serious issue region wide..Ryan had a blog about winds gusting to 65mph all over CT

Matt Lanza@mattlanza 5m

5 minutes ago

In thinking about it...really feels like uncharted territory here for New Eng. Gotta think infrastructure is taxed + 40-60 mph winds? Yikes.

The GFS tends to overforecast mixing across the interior in the situations. But yes, I generally agree that the wind could be the biggest story with this storm for many areas.

Yeah i missed that lol

Yea, but even so... We're expecting winds in the 40-45mph range... With heavily falling snow for the requisite period of time, I dont think its out of the realm of possibilities that even back here we get into some blizzard, or at least near blizzard conditions.

There is an area of higher instability over Cape Cod associated with higher Lifted Indices of around 2-0C and associated with comma head of storm system.  GFS shows 55 knot sustained winds roughly 25 miles northeast of CHH at around 12z Sunday.

The GFS tends to overforecast mixing across the interior in the situations. But yes, I generally agree that the wind could be the biggest story with this storm for many areas.

What are you thinking for winds.....During storm ....and Backside.  For BOS (coast) or an elevated inland Area like ORH  *potentially