joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday 2/15-Party Like it's 1717

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I belong in the NYC thread... but I do live far to the N of NYC.... how does the ENS look for around these parts??thanks!

It looks like an advisory event in NYC on the ensembles. Maybe 3-4 inches. Perhaps a touch higher if you got good ratios.

Yes I'm a big  :weenie:  :weenie:  :weenie: .

post-9647-0-03241500-1423771941_thumb.pn

Since I have no obligations to the public to be correct, here is my snow map ~36-48 hours out based on all the model info and all the info I've absorbed from all the excellent discussion here.

Biggest bust potential: Cape Cod, and Eastern CT/Central MA.

I think what's not going to be realized until nowcast time are the "micro jackpots" of accumulation and how awful the conditions will be with high winds and cold temperatures.  The classic 1980's cream of wheat commercial comes to mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YO9lZds9RI

What an historic winter, even for us down near the bay!

I'm more slowly coming on board.   I mean before we had qpf access to the euro (yes times were tough 10 years ago...) you'd see this track and start high fiving.  It (may be) coming.

I'd be hitting solid warning criteria right now for eastern MA...a little bit more reserved once out near or west/southwest of ORH...I don't think this is all of the sudden going to morph into another 18-24" event either. 8-12" type event..maybe a band of 12"+ in NE MA or somewhere that gets lucky elsewhere in E MA.

If things shift well SW, then we can probably talk more prolific amounts (15"+)

Blizzard Watches are up

MEZ020-131030-ANDROSCOGGIN-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...LEWISTON-AUBURN...LIVERMORE FALLS320 PM EST THU FEB 12 2015...BLIZZARD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH SUNDAYEVENING....TONIGHT...CLOUDY. SNOW LIKELY...MAINLY THIS EVENING. ADDITIONALSNOW ACCUMULATION AROUND AN INCH. LOWS AROUND 6 ABOVE. NORTH WINDS10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 60 PERCENT. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS11 BELOW AFTER MIDNIGHT..FRIDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS AROUND 11. NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS14 BELOW..FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR IN THE EVENING...THEN BECOMING PARTLYCLOUDY. MUCH COLDER WITH LOWS AROUND 15 BELOW. NORTHWEST WINDSAROUND 10 MPH. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS 24 BELOW..SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. SNOW LIKELY IN THE AFTERNOON. LIGHT SNOWACCUMULATION POSSIBLE. HIGHS AROUND 11. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS.CHANCE OF SNOW 70 PERCENT..SATURDAY NIGHT...SNOW. AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT. SNOWMAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES. ADDITIONAL HEAVY SNOW ACCUMULATION. NOT ASCOLD WITH LOWS AROUND 6 ABOVE. NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 10 MPH...INCREASING TO NORTH 20 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH AFTERMIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOWAS 15 BELOW..SUNDAY...SNOW. AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW. SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES.WINDY WITH HIGHS AROUND 10 ABOVE. CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT..SUNDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING...THEN BECOMING PARTLYCLOUDY. PATCHY BLOWING SNOW. LOWS 5 BELOW TO ZERO..WASHINGTONS BIRTHDAY AND MONDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. HIGHS AROUND10 ABOVE. LOWS AROUND 5 BELOW..TUESDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS AROUND 20..TUESDAY NIGHT...SNOW LIKELY. LOWS AROUND 10 ABOVE. CHANCE OF SNOW70 PERCENT..WEDNESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW. HIGHSIN THE MID 20S..WEDNESDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOWSHOWERS. LOWS ZERO TO 5 ABOVE ZERO..THURSDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS AROUND 20.

I think we see higher amounts than 7-9".

I agree - that's the biggest place of contention with this storm.  Although there's plenty of QPF for the Cape, there are boundary layer issues on some of the models and worries about lower ratios.  Not thinking rain, but maybe sleet might keep totals down.  Of course the Cape sometimes get a good amount on the back end on some of these types of setups.  Definitely tough to call for the Cape...

I agree - that's the biggest place of contention with this storm.  Although there's plenty of QPF for the Cape, there are boundary layer issues on some of the models and worries about lower ratios.  Not thinking rain, but maybe sleet might keep totals down.  Of course the Cape sometimes get a good amount on the back end on some of these types of setups.  Definitely tough to call for the Cape...

EURO showed taint for CC on the blizzard of 2015, but we stayed all snow and had 30.4"

Blizzard Watches are up

MEZ020-131030-
ANDROSCOGGIN-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...LEWISTON-AUBURN...LIVERMORE FALLS
320 PM EST THU FEB 12 2015

...BLIZZARD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH SUNDAY
EVENING...

.TONIGHT...CLOUDY. SNOW LIKELY...MAINLY THIS EVENING. ADDITIONAL
SNOW ACCUMULATION AROUND AN INCH. LOWS AROUND 6 ABOVE. NORTH WINDS
10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 60 PERCENT. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS
11 BELOW AFTER MIDNIGHT.
.FRIDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS AROUND 11. NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO
15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS
14 BELOW.
.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR IN THE EVENING...THEN BECOMING PARTLY
CLOUDY. MUCH COLDER WITH LOWS AROUND 15 BELOW. NORTHWEST WINDS
AROUND 10 MPH. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS 24 BELOW.
.SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. SNOW LIKELY IN THE AFTERNOON. LIGHT SNOW
ACCUMULATION POSSIBLE. HIGHS AROUND 11. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS.
CHANCE OF SNOW 70 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...SNOW. AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT. SNOW
MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES. ADDITIONAL HEAVY SNOW ACCUMULATION. NOT AS
COLD WITH LOWS AROUND 6 ABOVE. NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 10 MPH...
INCREASING TO NORTH 20 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH AFTER
MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW
AS 15 BELOW.
.SUNDAY...SNOW. AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW. SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES.
WINDY WITH HIGHS AROUND 10 ABOVE. CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT.
.SUNDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING...THEN BECOMING PARTLY
CLOUDY. PATCHY BLOWING SNOW. LOWS 5 BELOW TO ZERO.
.WASHINGTONS BIRTHDAY AND MONDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. HIGHS AROUND
10 ABOVE. LOWS AROUND 5 BELOW.
.TUESDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS AROUND 20.
.TUESDAY NIGHT...SNOW LIKELY. LOWS AROUND 10 ABOVE. CHANCE OF SNOW
70 PERCENT.
.WEDNESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW. HIGHS
IN THE MID 20S.
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW
SHOWERS. LOWS ZERO TO 5 ABOVE ZERO.
.THURSDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS AROUND 20.
Oh boy. Most be pretty confident

I know. 

More next week, trending colder.

We prance, we derobe, we rejoice, we snow, we copulate

lol be careful be very careful I have a 37 year old Blizz 78 copulate.

Pretty much on key everything is tightening up becoming more concentric, anyone north of this beast of a closed low is going to get either crushed by a CCB or smoked by a norlun. east of 91 looks fantastic yet west of 91 should also cash in, same JP areas as I thought before.

Archived