joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Observations for Sat Sun Mon winter storm

Winter201415

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moderate sleet in Port Jeff...though I'm not quite sure I know the differentiating criteria between moderate & heavy sleet...

Moderate sleet in Port Jeff...though I'm not quite sure I know the differentiating criteria between moderate & heavy sleet...

The 6z GFS has this going over to snow on NE LI and putting down a quick 4 inches or so...we'll see.

I just walked to my corner to see what the hill looks like and there are four cars piled into each other and two more on the front lawns of the houses there.  Good thing I decided not to go to work at 5 this morning when the call came telling us that schools are closed today.  

18* with a significant ice coating under a bunch of sleet and it has been snowing (sideways) moderately on and off for the last few hours.  Total accumulations can't possibly describe how ugly it is out there.

Tell me about it. I work in a school that follows the public schools when it comes to snow days. It's days like this when that policy is beyond frustrating. As bizarre as it sounds, I'm just glad I'm sick.

Its a BS policy. You're lucky in a way i have to go to school after work so im kinda hoping my professor cancels class.

Archived