joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Observations for Sat Sun Mon winter storm

Winter201415

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is more activity over Southern PA. I don't know if that's going to make it any further North than Philly but it could give CNJ and SNJ some wintry weather tonight.

just checked the radar. That looks like nyc could pick up an inch or two tonight as the 850's have crashed by now. It looks like it's really strengthening at this time. It's right in central PA moving east.

just checked the radar. That looks like nyc could pick up an inch or two tonight as the 850's have crashed by now. It looks like it's really strengthening at this time. It's right in central PA moving east.

The NWS seems to think it might snow a bit overnight. They updated their outlook with a 30% chance of snow through 7 AM.

Isentropic said it would be a non event out here and I said differently. It *was* a non event: he was right; I was wrong...I give him credit.

Isentropic said it would be a non event out here and I said differently. It *was* a non event: he was right; I was wrong...I give him credit.

That stuff has been trying to

Make it into nj all day. Don't think it will happen despite the wwa still out by the nws, who have had a rough past few weeks around these parts.

That stuff has been trying to

Make it into nj all day. Don't think it will happen despite the wwa still out by the nws, who have had a rough past few weeks around these parts.

I really thought that was going to be a good little event; how wrong I was...but my biggest regret is wasting so much time writing about something that failed to materialize.

I think that's the prevailing attitude in the Philly and NY forums Pam. Just a darn waste of time.

When it works out; its a great deal of fun and immensely satisfying. I've had a great love for snow & winter weather and a strong interest in weather & climate in general for the longest time; but it often is a love / hate relationship because when things don't work out...you feel rather blue until the next chance comes along.

When it works out; its a great deal of fun and immensely satisfying. I've had a great love for snow & winter weather and a strong interest in weather & climate in general for the longest time; but it often is a love / hate relationship because when things don't work out...you feel rather blue until the next chance comes along.

Yes. It's an addiction. A friend of mine once compared it to being a gambler (please don't take that in a negative connotation and I include myself here as well). We have to have our next fix, and we'll do anything to try and get it. Then when we think we have the odds in our favor, we go headstrong (even when odds are against us). We need that rush and if we think we're one and don't get it, it hurts.

Yes. It's an addiction. A friend of mine once compared it to being a gambler (please don't take that in a negative connotation and I include myself here as well). We have to have our next fix, and we'll do anything to try and get it. Then when we think we have the odds in our favor, we go headstrong (even when odds are against us). We need that rush and if we think we're one and don't get it, it hurts.

Obviously when I first moved to Long Island; I was not terribly well acquainted with the ins & outs of the climate...so it was mostly a learning process regarding how virtually any forecast for snow out here is always going to be qualified and laden with "ifs". Having lived through plenty of missteps regarding snow forecasts that failed to pan out; I'm a little less sensitive to the ones that get away...but still, it is not pleasant to have something you want right before you and yet be unable to reach it.

Archived