• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

I remember distinctly talking about the scrolls at the museum I work at and the written accounts of incredible winters and how the young tag teams from EMA said they were exaggerated and that could never happen again. Well well college boys there's some proof in that pudding if this goes down as depicted tonight.

Thursday looks better this run

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's your initial thoughts? I'm saying 8-12 by Monday night

I really have not focused on the overall timespan. I feel 2-4" for Saturday/Sunday is a good bet. I'd like to see more models come on board for Monday. The data sparse discussion is real and we are just now getting a sampling of that. The coastal system has been in the back of my thoughts and I do see upside potential to it. 12z tomorrow we should have a much better idea.

post-3106-0-50969700-1423283065_thumb.pn

Leaning towards colder solutions, 8-15" might have to be expanded south

He probably glanced at 0z GFS.

Emphasized protracted event, but also hinted that last low pressure sliding along front on Monday was wildcard... 

Still think models may be catching up to more significant coastal storm Monday. Euro will be interesting.

And from the maps I've seen, Ryan and co are the most bullish of the CT stations. Fox is 1-3 south 3-6 north except 6+ NW hills, I posted WTNH earlier but it's 1-2/2-4/4-6 south to north. Haven't seen WFSB yet but I'd assume they're bearish as they always are.

I guess the coastal is still up in the air. Cmc has been insisting on zip, anyone seen 0z?

WFSB is actually just as bullish as NBC30. I think they even have 8"+ for N. CT on their map. 

Thanks. Surprising.

I wouldn't say WFSB is always bearish is accurate...they had 8-16" statwide pretty much for the storm on Monday that we thought was generally a 6-10 type deal. But I do agree they can be on the low side at times.

Obviously not always with every single event, but I think they're on the low side more often than not as is Ryan's station IMO although not quite as bad. WTNH is usually either way low or way high and FoxCT is usually in the middle. 

Archived