joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy anniversary Harvey.I watched you for 12 hrs straight 37 yrs ago tonight, you have aged as have I but we are as big a weenies now as we were then, please email Tip he feels ignored.

:lmao:  :snowing:

lets go Euro, i'm ready to bring out the party hats, the yeti suit and my damn snow stick "gag gift" I got 3 years ago only goes to 36" so that may not be enough

I would have been a bit more bullish today had it not been for the euro ensembles. The probabilities were pretty meh down here... But looked fantastic near Boston.

It seems early to be putting out a map including Tuesday anyway. Is there pressure to do so because it all strings together?

It seems early to be putting out a map including Tuesday anyway. Is there pressure to do so because it all strings together?

That was my reasoning, plus there's all sorts of hype out on social media about another 20" event coming for CT and we were getting an enormous number of questions about it so we decided to put something out to try to quash that a bit.

No real pressure other than knowing eceryone else would have one at 5pm including the nws. By that point you gotta get something up.

Interestingly, we have been more conservative than the NWS for every storm this winter.

No real pressure other than knowing eceryone else would have one at 5pm including the nws. By that point you gotta get something up.

Interestingly, we have been more conservative than the NWS for every storm this winter.

I think it's more that Upton has uncharacteristically been very bullish this winter for some reason after traditionally being very conservative in the past then you guys being super conservative(I usually look to see what everyone else has to see where we are in comparison and you guys have been pretty similar to us for most events, and I think we've been in the middle overall).

BOX has had a really good winter IMO but it's been rough for the folks to the south at Upton, don't know if it's a change in management/philosophy/directions from above or just bad luck but they've gone all in on a couple of events from pretty far out and it's hurt them. Albany has been absurdly bullish as always, seems like they bust high for every single event for NWCT. 

the very best birthdays are in Feb, Blizz 13 for me

Blizz of 78 ended on 2/8/78. I know b/c I was up after midnite at 11 yo to watch the last flakes. Blizz of 13 started on 2/8. And too many more to mention. My parents said there was a snowstorm when I was born in 67. So these R the weeks for snowstorms here.

I think it's more that Upton has uncharacteristically been very bullish this winter for some reason after traditionally being very conservative in the past then you guys being super conservative(I usually look to see what everyone else has to see where we are in comparison and you guys have been pretty similar to us for most events, and I think we've been in the middle overall).

BOX has had a really good winter IMO but it's been rough for the folks to the south at Upton, don't know if it's a change in management/philosophy/directions from above or just bad luck but they've gone all in on a couple of events from pretty far out and it's hurt them. Albany has been absurdly bullish as always, seems like they bust high for every single event for NWCT. 

Speaking of ALY going bullish, a pretty sharp cutoff between their southern zones and uptons northern zones. Doesn't look like good coordination this afternoon between the 3 surrounding offices and okx going a bit conservative on this one.

post-12274-0-85326000-1423285367_thumb.p

Speaking of ALY going bullish, a pretty sharp cutoff between their southern zones and uptons northern zones. Doesn't look like good coordination this afternoon between the 3 surrounding offices and okx going a bit conservative on this one.

Color change makes it look worse than it is

If anyone is interested, I set up a forecast contest for this event(basically forecasting the snowfall for some of the major stations in the region). I've been running it on another board for a couple of years now and it's always a good time, so I figured this event would be a good opportunity to try it out here considering the degree of uncertainty associated with it.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/45639-long-duration-overrunningcoastal-forecast-contest/

Archived