Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
More snow possible on Thursday 2/5

Mitchel Volk

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mostly moderate snow here. 27F.  Plenty of blowing snow yet again.  This has been a winter for blowing snow.

Between a half and an inch so far.  If the radar trend holds, we could be in for a few hours of this on the north shore of central LI, which would make for a nice 2 - 3" surprise.  If it holds.  The band over us has been consolidating and the back edge moving surprisingly slowly.

Only went down to light for a few minutes. Mainly it's been consistent moderate with visibility around 1/2 mile.

The flakes right now are amazing. About as nice as you see around here

Visibility has been around a half mile here. That's why I'm saying borderline moderate.

Congrats to CT and LI AGAIN.

Man, what a winter for you guys!!!

Here in NE Queens we finished with a coating. Maybe .50" on some surfaces.

This is starting to remind me of the same gradient of the winter of 2008-2009. Sharp cutoff to the west and south.

Northshorewx has the best snow maps to illustrate that.

Finished with 1.5" extremely low density I guess because 850s were cold

Dog walker said he shoveled  an inch in Laurel Hollow . Again , I am not in Laurel Hollow I am at work so he could keep be the zoo keeper for all I know . 

Hopefully someone on the N shore could corroborate  ? 

Dog walker said he shoveled an inch in Laurel Hollow . Again , I am not in Laurel Hollow I am at work so he could keep be the zoo keeper for all I know .

Hopefully someone on the N shore could corroborate ?

Sound right. I measure by half inch but it was really like 1.3". It's I light that it blew all over and was a little difficult to measure

Archived