SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to go take a walk and catch up on exact conditions in 10-15 mins. I'll report what I see....

Going out now snowman.....but just to let you know. It appears to be 100% snow again, and snowing moderately with big flakes. I'll report back in 15 mins and will move it over to the observation thread

Congrats to everyone who squeaked out a nice snowfall event with this setup, I'll finish at 1.5" here which puts me up to 72" for the season. If ALB doesn't pass the 80" mark this winter won't be getting higher than a B+ in my book despite the cold and extended snowpack.

I hit 6.0", still moderate snow. I don't think Upton believes my storm reports since they haven't included them in the report yet, maybe I should b**ch at them on facebook, LOL. I'm shocked at this snowfall honestly.

Albany usually publishes like half of my reports in the PNS. I don't know what their criteria are... I always use my spotter ID number.

Great to hear you guys are doing so well... 6" is a very respectable storm. Just cracked 3" here - not epic, but at 22F and with a stiff breeze, it feels much more like January instead of March.

Congrats to everyone who squeaked out a nice snowfall event with this setup, I'll finish at 1.5" here which puts me up to 72" for the season. If ALB doesn't pass the 80" mark this winter won't be getting higher than a B+ in my book despite the cold and extended snowpack.

Commie. :P

What's your seasonal average?

So if I asked you prior to winter to define a B+ season, you would have said 75" of snow, threats to track every 3-5 days, multiple March events (looking likely), and one of the coldest months on record?

Albany usually publishes like half of my reports in the PNS. I don't know what their criteria are... I always use my spotter ID number.

Great to hear you guys are doing so well... 6" is a very respectable storm. Just cracked 3" here - not epic, but at 22F and with a stiff breeze, it feels much more like January instead of March.

Haha well if the 00z nam comes to fruition I'll give it an A.. and many of you would be looking at 30" snowpacks 4 days from now.

f84.gif

Congrats on hitting 60" on the season. I'll have to look at my totals tomorrow to see where I stand for this year and what I had last year. I seem to recall being .1 short of an even number last season, maybe 60"? I don't remember exactly the number or if I ever got the .1 I needed...

What's your seasonal average?

So if I asked you prior to winter to define a B+ season, you would have said 75" of snow, threats to track every 3-5 days, multiple March events (looking likely), and one of the coldest months on record?

Average is 60" here, considering ALB went from 12/12–1/27 without a 3" snow event there's no way this is getting an A unless we finish 20" above average. Epic cold is nice but I'd rather have epic snow.. might just hurt more because of what's going on to our east.

Average is 60" here, considering ALB went from 12/12–1/27 without a 3" snow event there's no way this is getting an A unless we finish 20" above average. Epic cold is nice but I'd rather have epic snow.. might just hurt more because of what's going on to our east.

That makes sense. Short memories I guess. I've been between B+/A- here, but a -13 departure for February, plus all the subzero lows, has nudged me firmly to A-.

The NAM is absolutely gorgeous too. Wish we could lock it in!

Wow @ the 0z NAM lol..

from hr78-84 is an absolute crush job for the interior lol..

maybe this one wont fringe me lol. but i must say even though ive been kind of shafted often this year my snow pack is over 16 so i really cant complain much

That makes sense. Short memories I guess. I've been between B+/A- here, but a -13 departure for February, plus all the subzero lows, has nudged me firmly to A-.

The NAM is absolutely gorgeous too. Wish we could lock it in!

Yeah February was definitely A++ and made up for January no doubt. Lets root for a front end thump and then anafrontal pounding, maybe the global models pick it up tonight.

Archived