CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd feel great at this point if I were you, every single "mega front" event this season has been south of model guidance.

Yea....I am liking where we are with this one from a "potential" point of view. That being said....Im nervous...

I'd feel great at this point if I were you, every single "mega front" event this season has been south of model guidance.

The 84 hour NAM usually tends to be amped up too, correct? I may end up being wrong, but I think closer to the coast is the place to be for that wave.

The 84 hour NAM usually tends to be amped up too, correct? I may end up being wrong, but I think closer to the coast is the place to be for that wave.

Yeah it does seem to over amplify pretty often, then again it picked up on the further north track of the recent southeast U.S. snowstorm at 72 h when the GFS had the system sliding way southeast. Either way I agree that closer to the coast is more favorable for this one.

Yeah it does seem to over amplify pretty often, then again it picked up on the further north track of the recent southeast U.S. snowstorm at 72 h when the GFS had the system sliding way southeast. Either way I agree that closer to the coast is more favorable for this one.

I smell suppression city with this event..

The Euro definitely jumped a bit NW with that moisture, but yeah... I'm more interested in the front-end snow and ice on Tuesday night.

Tuesday night will prob be a 2-4" deal followed by ice. The following wave looks to be a 2-4" event as well with 6"+ falling south of NYC. 

The Euro definitely jumped a bit NW with that moisture, but yeah... I'm more interested in the front-end snow and ice on Tuesday night.

Despite the best QG forcing remaining just off to our north this will be the most dynamic system in a while, hopefully we'll see a more organized precip shield so we can pull off a decent front end.

Tuesday night will prob be a 2-4" deal followed by ice. The following wave looks to be a 2-4" event as well with 6"+ falling south of NYC.

It looks nasty as far as ice for you guys in Orange county. I'm thinking, maybe 1-2 inches for Rockland maybe but it looks like it goes to sleet then freezing rain/rain fairly quickly for us. Wednesday may hit the mid 40's down here. As for thursday, I'm getting the feeling that it's going to end up south of us. I think that arctic high in behind the cold front wednesday night is going to over perform like every other one has this winter and shunt everything south of our area

Sucks about the tow Heinz.

Just looked at some more stats IMBY:

Last year I had a total of 12 below zero lows, which was a lot. This year I had 13 below zero lows just in Feb...throw in one in Jan and one so far in March making a total of 15 below zero lows so far.

Should have no problem getting it reimbursed by AAA. It was almost like they expected it too, the tow place is right at the bottom of the hill, and they were there in like 5 minutes. I can just picture the guys in the shop like "Hey, Tom, another guy got stuck on the mountain, should we go get him?" LOL..

Been pretty cold here too, had a lot of below zero but not quite that much...my coldest was -12.

Impressive blowing snow this morning out there, the refreeze tonight will cause slick spots for sure. Deep winter on 3/2, who would've thunk it this year...

As I was driving to work this morning, I was thinking it certainly looks more like mid-winter than meteorological spring.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night, I think we may see some pretty impressive snowfall rates for a few hours. I don't think I've had legit "heavy" snow around here since the Thanksgiving storm to be honest. If we can hang on to snow for a little longer, that 2-3" could turn into 4-5".

NAM sim radar at 7 pm

post-8457-0-06967400-1425306831_thumb.pn

Wound up with 5.0" here. There will be some icy spots around today with the blowing snow esp. on routes 17&84 in those open areas. Now onto tomorrow nite for poss. a few more inches. 06z MAN & GFS are putting out 1" of snow then rain for SWF.

I'd be shocked if your area only got 1" of snow on the front end tomorrow night. 

The NAM still likes our area for the wave on Thursday, but it's a tad south of 6z. I was looking over the Euro ensembles this morning and, as far as location goes, they look pretty similar to 12z yesterday, but they've definitely backed off some on amounts. We'll see what the rest of the model suite has to say.

Archived