joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nam just juiced up tomorrow's event quite a bit.. 6" for most of Sullivan county 3-5" area wide up here

We'll see if it has support, I did mention earlier that if things break right, we could easily see that 2-3" turn into 4-5". Hopefully it's on to something.

Btw, some interesting discussion from eduggs over in the NE forum regarding the Thursday system. He seems pretty confident that it will come north some more. 

We'll see if it has support, I did mention earlier that if things break right, we could easily see that 2-3" turn into 4-5". Hopefully it's on to something.

Btw, some interesting discussion from eduggs over in the NE forum regarding the Thursday system. He seems pretty confident that it will come north some more. 

He knows his stuff... One of the better amateur posters around

I saw eduggs saying that this morning, good to hear he's still thinking that way.

He knows his stuff... One of the better amateur posters around

I saw eduggs saying that this morning, good to hear he's still thinking that way.

No doubt. It's often hard for me to understand his posts, he's like an amateur Tip. But, yeah, he's standing his ground.

0z NAM is a huge hit again... Hence the crickets in the NYC sub forum smh

It looks like a good hit all around. The faster movement would have me a little concerned about temperatures as you head further south, but no worries around here. Alas, it's still the NAM beyond 48 hours, but seeing it hold steady for several runs is encouraging.

No doubt. It's often hard for me to understand his posts, he's like an amateur Tip. But, yeah, he's standing his ground.

It looks like a good hit all around. The faster movement would have me a little concerned about temperatures as you head further south, but no worries around here. Alas, it's still the NAM beyond 48 hours, but seeing it hold steady for several runs is encouraging.

Eduggs used to post in the NYC forum too until the weenies drove him away I'm guessing, not sure though.

Let's get tomorrow out of the way first and see where that leaves us for Thursday.

Going by the high res NAM, looks like snow breaks out early afternoon and we get maybe 3-4 hours of decent snow before a changeover to mixed precip. Very little rain, if any. 4-6" on the snow maps, but some of that is probably sleet, not snow, so those numbers are probably a little overdone.

post-8457-0-73995800-1425352196_thumb.pn

post-8457-0-80282600-1425352209_thumb.pn

Let's get tomorrow out of the way first and see where that leaves us for Thursday.

Going by the high res NAM, looks like snow breaks out early afternoon and we get maybe 3-4 hours of decent snow before a changeover to mixed precip. Very little rain, if any. 4-6" on the snow maps, but some of that is probably sleet, not snow, so those numbers are probably a little overdone.

attachicon.gifhires_ref_nyc_23.png

attachicon.gifhires_ptype_acc_nyc_13.png

2-4" w/ ip is prob the best call right now for tomorrow

Archived