Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flipped here to moderate sleet, 1.7" of snow

You are in Hamptonburgh now? That's a much earlier transition than I would have thought. Additionally, I believe much of Long island is still snow. How often do you see us suburbs change over first? Wow

Moderate snow here, but the flake size is increasing. Probably will flip by 7. The H3R is off by at least an hour on the transition. Had that worked out the other way around, instead of 2", we'd be talking about 4". You win some, you lose some! I'll take a measurement once the change occurs. Definitely nasty out, took almost an hour to drive home from Fishkill to Poughkeepsie.

You are in Hamptonburgh now? That's a much earlier transition than I would have thought. Additionally, I believe much of Long island is still snow. How often do you see us suburbs change over first? Wow

Yeah, I'm home in Hamptonburgh now. It all depends on the setup as to when areas flip, being further west than Long Island is the reason now.

OKX appears to show mixing approaching the Hudson. I'd be surprised if we didn't start pinging pretty quickly here.

Yeah Delaware is snowing but Olivebridge and West Shokan are sleeting now unfortunately. Hard to see whats coming when stuff is over the Catskills like this with no obs but id guess the timing is right no schedule.

Yeah Delaware is snowing but Olivebridge and West Shokan are sleeting now unfortunately. Hard to see whats coming when stuff is over the Catskills like this with no obs but id guess the timing is right no schedule.

It's pretty tricky to ascertain p-type from CC radar products. The values are very close for uniform precip types (all snow, all sleet, all rain), and since the melting snow that yields lower values (more pronounced colors) is relatively high in the column, it looks like the BGM beam is undershooting the melting until it gets to like Monticello.

50/50 mix here in Poughkeepsie.

How much snow did you get before taint?

It's too bad we flipped when we did, there are some really heavy bands moving east. If you look at the CC, it looks like the sleet line is hanging back over the Catskills and not really moving NE very much. Those areas (maybe the I-88 corridor into the NE Catskills) should get a nice heaping of snow from this.

Archived