Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude the euro reduced precip for anyone North of nyc.. See my post in the main thread that proves it

Yea....I'm starting to realize why just about every single storm underperforms since Ive been reading this forum. Everyone throws out the bottom half of models that show the lesser amounts. Then....they choose the higher side totals of the models that are predicting the most. Hence....you always get an inflated forecast. This storm is no different.

I have the model output dude.. U need to relax with being the weather board police lately... it cut down on precip North and west of the city.. I showed you the comparison between the 2 runs.. THATS all I'm saying... Is it cut down on total LE

I can`t too much bulls%^& . I see no ability from people to see 5 feet in front of their face .

You making a big deal over .2 over 36 hours . To me that baby %^&*( . So I help  police it or the board will go to crap . 

It does show 4-6 for the entire state of NJ snowman19. South and central areas it shows more. That being said.....we can't all throw out the NAM and GFS because it isn't what we like. There is a reason why our storms are always underperforming this forums average consensus

I can`t too much bulls%^& . I see no ability from people to see 5 feet in front of their face .

You making a big deal over .2 over 36 hours . To me that baby %^&*( . So I help police it or the board will go to crap .

Not gonna argue with u... If u wanna police something.. Police an exact verbatim model PBP instead of roundups, and increased totals.. Just like before.. There's a difference between a model showing 4-8, and 3-6... Is it that hard to just say 3-6? Yes because God forbid we don't add a wishcast factor.... So next time a model shows 3-6 I'm gonna say 6-12" since 6" would still fall In that form of logic

It does show 4-6 for the entire state of NJ snowman19. South and central areas it shows more. That being said.....we can't all throw out the NAM and GFS because it isn't what we like. There is a reason why are storms are always underperforming this forums average consensus

safe call is 3-5 from areas north rt 78 in nj to about greenwood lake nj, 2-4 for extreme nw jersey into lower ny state. 4-7 south of 78 and east

It does show 4-6 for the entire state of NJ snowman19. South and central areas it shows more. That being said.....we can't all throw out the NAM and GFS because it isn't what we like. There is a reason why are storms are always underperforming this forums average consensus

Sorry, but it's not this forum. The snowfall forecasts by the NWS have busted on just about every system this winter. The storms have underperformed, and we've discussed that it's a trend going back to last year.

Less than .2 of that 00z run last night is un-accounted for LE (ie last night and todays "rain")

And that map has between .4 and .6 LE tonight, has snowman checked the soundings to show that half that precip is lost to rain to claim what he did?

And that map has between .4 and .6 LE tonight, has snowman checked the soundings to show that half that precip is lost to rain to claim what he did?

Ok, I apologize, so half of the 4 inches is lost to rain, so we get 1-2 inches instead of 4. I didn't go to buffkit and check the soundings

From what I can see on WxBell, it's all snow from the start for anyone from Northern Westchester on north.

I think 1-2" would be the most I'd expect here. The H3R does continue to look decent though.

Ok, I apologize, so half of the 4 inches is lost to rain, so we get 1-2 inches instead of 4. I didn't go to buffkit and check the soundings

No, you misunderstand. You just claimed the euro didnt show 4" for us. How did you know that without even looking at a map or sounding? The map ulster posted shows .4-.6 or .7 through rockland.

Been doing my best truckee impersonation up on my parents roof busting ice dams for the past couple of hours. I don't miss this crap. I broke 55" for snowfall at home, I wonder if I'll join the 60" club before it's all over.

Im too lazy. Just gonna fill some stockings with salt and launch them up on the roof.

Archived