Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You beat me to it.. Bumped north from 12z thats for sure. Lets see if it continues

There is a 2nd wave that the models are seeing . The Euro saw it 1st , the NAM has it and so does the RGEM .

So there is a push N . I hope it continues . But even with less precip you may rip with decent ratios

Just another hour of two would have been great. I think we've seen every conceivable wintry phenomenon this season except for sustained heavy snowfall. Ah well.

And whats amazing is that we are over 60" for the season without sustained heavy snow. Nickel & dimed to death this season lol

Ugly ugly ugly.  It's too bad I shoveled the crunchy stuff off last night before the rain.  At least there would be some sort of traction and it would have been removable.  Now it's a sheet of water ice and it's not gonna give up easily.  A neighbor that didn't scrape it last night is out there chopping it up and it's coming up in big sheets.

Lotsa salt  :ee:

Expecting an inch or 2 at best tonight before we get a long period of no storminess. I am truly happy about it. The fringe jobs are old and we have a good enough pack. Not sure if we can squeeze out another snow event, but I would not mind if Spring started full throttle tomorrow. Unless we get a last minute surprise later this month, I will rate this winter a B+. Despite a double digit snowpack and exceeding our normal,, the lack of a single double digit storm with majority of events having us look south and east for the darker blues will never make this into an A range winter. Most snow events have underperformed. So, I will leave this winter feeling grateful for some things, but also feeling disappointed by others.

Archived