joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as the front-end thump is sufficient to negate pack loss from any subsequent torching and non-kosher p-types, I'll be content.

I think we'll be ok, it looks we aren't going to torch with downpours of plain rain.

We toss any model run that is not snowman approved. 

Yeah, full on spring now as declared two weeks ago.  I'm going to start raking the yard this afternoon...

I actually have you on ignore, but unfortunately, since you post an average of 30 times a day, I still am stuck seeing your useless posts when people quote them. Carry on.

I feel your pain brother.  Actually, I shouldn't be here anymore since I was told I'm only a winter poster on this board that I've been on since it started.

6.4" total, a little over 19" at my stake, the latest round of blowing and drifting has commenced in my hood.

Season total is now 52.7", last year the emitts season total was 70.0".

Looks like there was a 10 mile wide strip of 6-7" through the county into Putnam.. North of us had 2-4" as well as south of us.

Looks like there was a 10 mile wide strip of 6-7" through the county into Putnam.. North of us had 2-4" as well as south of us.

right along i 84. I noticed is this morning coming into Middletown.

Yep, not sure what caused it but I saw it yesterday too when I went down to Warwick, basically nothing there and close to 2" at my house by 1pm already.  I guess it was a little weenie band, LOL.    

People haven't really mentioned it, mostly cause they haven't probably payed much attention, but I save most the 12z and 00z model runs for the major models and date them in respect to the Storm we're tracking.. Despite the hate the NAM has done really well lately... Like very well, as a matter of fact the 2nd to last Storm we had verified at 84hrs out lol

Euro likes 3" or 4" on the front end, ending as ice and a little drizzle... briefly shoots up into the low-mid 40s on Wednesday afternoon, but that may be avoidable if the overcast holds tight.

Euro doesn't like the anafront precip as much, shunts it southeast pretty quick.

Euro doesn't like the anafront precip as much, shunts it southeast pretty quick.

I mentioned earlier that the ensembles had definitely backed off on the 00z run, this operational run looks to take it a step further. It looks like the real story with that part of the system will be the heavy snow in the Ohio Valley. In any event, I'll take the 2-4" on the front end tomorrow and whatever this may have to offer us. 

I mentioned earlier that the ensembles had definitely backed off on the 00z run, this operational run looks to take it a step further. It looks like the real story with that part of the system will be the heavy snow in the Ohio Valley. In any event, I'll take the 2-4" on the front end tomorrow and whatever this may have to offer us. 

I still wouldn't be surprised if the wednesday night stuff outperforms tuesday night for POU and points southeast. If the shortwave energy across the southwest U.S. ejects a littler quicker the NAM solution could easily verify.. still whiffs me up here though.

Upton for Tuesday night system

Coincides well with Albany's map. Works for me... wouldn't completely rule out a 4" reading somewhere. If nothing else, it'll help get us closer to a 75" winter, which is still doable.

Still blowing like crazy out. Roads would totally be drifted over if not for (forgive me) the hot sun melting the snow on contact.

Archived