joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking ahead, the Tuesday night/Wednesday system is shaping up to be a mess. Maybe a couple inches of snow, then a flip to either sleet or freezing rain for several hours. before ending as rain. Definitely looks like the cold air will try and stand it's ground despite the mid level warmth advancing into the area. It does seem to be trending colder, so definitely have to watch over the next couple days. As far as the possible system behind it, I would bet that's going to miss us to the south.

Light snow here, but radar to west has huge gaps, not the big donut hole like the last storm, but once again, I am not optimistic for more than 2-3 inches based on radar, unless it fills in. Let's see what happens later.

Do you have this view on other things in life? No offense but I have yet to see any positive post from ya. Its only snow :)

I'm usually a fan of SWFE's because of their predictability but it seems almost all of them have underperformed this year. We'll see what this one does, but I'm certainly not enthused about the sun trying to poke out through the clouds. Very light snow falling.

Yup, heaping helping of dim sun here too. It's pretty early, but I'm tempted to hop on the White Gorilla "bust until proven otherwise" bandwagon for this one. Radar looks nothing like what I expected, and the mesoscale models are all pretty meh for up here.

I think someone in LHV jackpots, won't say that In the main thread cause I'll get the firing squad

Yeah i think between say the GW bridge and southern orange has a good shot at jackpotting (the obvious terrain enhanced usual suspects notwithstanding), i might be far enough north to not taint and far enough south to not deal with the drying northern edge later on this evening.

For the worry warts that are worried about the dry slot/lull.

Our accumulating snows don't come until this evening.

From Binghamton Nws.

RGNL RADAR LOOP IS BEARING OUT WHAT MANY OF THE HI-RES MODELS HAVE

SHOWN...IN THAT OUR EARLIER BURST OF SNOW WILL BE REPLACED BY A

RELATIVE LULL EARLY THIS AFTN...AS LOW-LVL JET FORCING AND UPR-

LVL SUPPORT TEMPORARILY WANE. PRIND STILL ARE THAT SNOWFALL INTENSITY

WILL PICK UP AGN LTR THIS AFTN OR EARLY IN THE EVE (GENERALLY BY

22-00Z)...AS FORCED LIFT INCREASES AGN WITHIN THE EXIT RGN OF AN UPR-

LVL JET STREAK...AND ALSO IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO AN APPROACHING SFC

TROUGH/COLD FRNT. TO COVER THIS SCENARIO...HAVE SIMPLY WORDED THE WX

GRIDS AS "OCNL LGT SNOW" FOR MOST OF THE AFTN. NO CHGS WERE MADE

TO SNOWFALL TOTALS OR THE HAZARD GRIDS...AND WE SIMPLY FRESHENED

UP THE WORDING IN THE ADVISORY STATEMENT.

Archived