SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, wow... trippy. At least we know where the silly QPF shading debates come from now. :lmao:

Ha! I hadn't even thought of that.

Euro looks like a 2-5" type deal across the lower HV, and that dress is white and gold haha.

Good thing most of the storm happens at night and we won't lose any accumulations due to the strong March sun  :sun:

Dress colors:

Mind. Blown. You win.

Still around 11" last time I checked imby...about 18" here at work at 1200'. Any chances of next week's cutter trending east? I know this snowpack seems unbreakable because its been here so long but in reality it would be the same as having a cutter with a 12" thump then rain washing it away(example: Jan 15 1999)

Still around 11" last time I checked imby...about 18" here at work at 1200'. Any chances of next week's cutter trending east? I know this snowpack seems unbreakable because its been here so long but in reality it would be the same as having a cutter with a 12" thump then rain washing it away(example: Jan 15 1999)

I'd like to wait to see the 36-48hr RGEM before I make any calls on what this next storm could be, best call right now is 2-5" most of LHV

Come on, guys, just stop looking at the models. Sunday is March 1st, winter is over and it's not going to snow again until December. The sun angle is too high, we are losing the -epo, and the western ridge is getting beat down. I spent tonight changing out my under armour for shorts and t-shirts.

Haha, this joke even better juxtaposed to your current 8F reading.

Actually in all seriousness I was running earlier this week the morning it got down to around 4 here, and I was like, "this isn't really that bad." Amazing how you adapt.

So true. I spent the better part of an hour on Sunday shoveling off my deck from all the snow that had accumulated over the past few weeks while wearing a t-shirt and jeans and it felt like a late spring or early summer day. That first 40 degree morning in September often feels like the ice age! 

Where do you run in the city? I've been craving a run myself. I usually am more of a trail runner as I don't like to run on the road, especially in the winter, but the trails here are all snow covered. It's really the main reason why I put up a rink in my yard, to stay somewhat fit. I initially did it for the kids, but I use it more than they do now. I actually was thinking of breaking out my road bike tomorrow since the shoulders are somewhat clear for the first time in a couple months. We haven't had much snow melt on the lawns, etc, but it's definitely receding a lot on the roads.

Actually in all seriousness I was running earlier this week the morning it got down to around 4 here, and I was like, "this isn't really that bad." Amazing how you adapt.

It's somewhat disappointing as a cold lover when you walk outside into record cold this time of year and it barely feels brisk, lol. Without doubt, though, on the first sweatshirt evening in late August, I'll be outside shivering like a fool.

So true. I spent the better part of an hour on Sunday shoveling off my deck from all the snow that had accumulated over the past few weeks while wearing a t-shirt and jeans and it felt like a late spring or early summer day. That first 40 degree morning in September often feels like the ice age! 

Where do you run in the city? I've been craving a run myself. I usually am more of a trail runner as I don't like to run on the road, especially in the winter, but the trails here are all snow covered. It's really the main reason why I put up a rink in my yard, to stay somewhat fit. I initially did it for the kids, but I use it more than they do now. I actually was thinking of breaking out my road bike tomorrow since the shoulders are somewhat clear for the first time in a couple months. We haven't had much snow melt on the lawns, etc, but it's definitely receding a lot on the roads.

Usually along the east river, and occasionally Central Park.  East River isn't great by me, but it's better than running up and down the Aves.  I'm moving to Battery Park City in a month, so I am pretty psyched to be able to take advantage of the better options around there.

Nope, baseball's already started.   I'm shutting it down.

You guys have got to be the odds on favorite in the National League this year, if not all of baseball. I'm hoping the Mets can find a little magic from Flores and Cuddyer to help the pitching staff and possibly carry them close to the 90 win mark. Probably a pipe dream though. I wish MLB would do something about the Wilpons. It's despicable that they bring in as much money as they do and yet they have a bottom 10 payroll.

You guys have got to be the odds on favorite in the National League this year, if not all of baseball. I'm hoping the Mets can find a little magic from Flores and Cuddyer to help the pitching staff and possibly carry them close to the 90 win mark. Probably a pipe dream though. I wish MLB would do something about the Wilpons. It's despicable that they bring in as much money as they do and yet they have a bottom 10 payroll.

Yea, it'd be nice to see a DC team do something in the postseason this year though.  Mets' pitching should be excellent this year.  Will be interesting to see how Harvey does.

Yea, it'd be nice to see a DC team do something in the postseason this year though.  Mets' pitching should be excellent this year.  Will be interesting to see how Harvey does.

Nationals over/under is 93. Although that's a lot of wins...seems to me that they should get it. What a pitching staff!! Should be a fun season for you, if you guys can avoid injuries

Nationals over/under is 93. Although that's a lot of wins...seems to me that they should get it. What a pitching staff!! Should be a fun season for you, if you guys can avoid injuries

I agree that's a lot of wins, but I'd take the over. The remainder of the NL East aren't exactly world killers. The Braves will likely fall back this year, and while the Mets and Marlins should be improved, I don't think either will challenge the Nats. Hopefully they got their postseason jitters out of the way last year. I've always had a special place in my heart for DC baseball, as many years ago my uncle was involved (unsuccessfully) with trying to get an expansion team there.

As far as the Mets go, so far there have been great reports out of PSL regarding Harvey. You have to think Wheeler continues to improve, Niese and Colon should be steady, but DeGrom is the wildcard. If he builds on his success from last year, I think 85 wins is easily attainable. From there, hopefully they find a few more wins to at least get them into contention for the second wildcard spot.

I agree that's a lot of wins, but I'd take the over. The remainder of the NL East aren't exactly world killers. The Braves will likely fall back this year, and while the Mets and Marlins should be improved, I don't think either will challenge the Nats. Hopefully they got their postseason jitters out of the way last year. I've always had a special place in my heart for DC baseball, as many years ago my uncle was involved (unsuccessfully) with trying to get an expansion team there.

As far as the Mets go, so far there have been great reports out of PSL regarding Harvey. You have to think Wheeler continues to improve, Niese and Colon should be steady, but DeGrom is the wildcard. If he builds on his success from last year, I think 85 wins is easily attainable. From there, hopefully they find a few more wins to at least get them into contention for the second wildcard spot.

Yea...should be a fun season. Now, let's hope for 4 weeks more of winter!...

Archived