joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished with exactly 3" here. Basically in line with what I expected. Going by some of the totals you guys are reporting, it sounds like the snow hole that the models were forecasting over Ulster or Orange did in fact verify to some degree. 

Great points by both Rob and Julian. It's fascinating to track the weather, especially snowstorms, and it sucks when you get shafted, but at the end of the day, there is nothing you can do to change it so you might as well just embrace it. Especially at this time of the year when the solar declination is reaching the point that we are never too far off from 65 degrees and sunny. But I suppose I will enjoy that almost as much as the 3" of snow I got last night (maybe a little more even after this winter!).

alright weather fans, snow has stopped..wtf

fooking getting pissed.

where is my snow.lol

nws needs an serious director to investigate failure..in forecasting

atleast tell me not to expect the min of 4 inches.

no excuse..where is my snow.

Takin a break from posting for 6 hours or so.

Weird storm , but I got crushed overnight with snow baby.

Mt holly nws had another outstanding forecast. Kudos to them.

:twister:

Ok guys, I'm getting a strong instinct or hunch or intuition or whatever you want to call it. Next week is our storm. It's the big one we've been waiting for. No shafting, no sharp cutoffs, no whining from me. Don't ask me why......I'm not referencing models or teleconnections.......I just think this is it.....our big one and I'm putting it out there. If I'm wrong, call me on it. If I'm right, I choose the party venue and yeah, I like it on the rocks. ;). This will happen between March 1-3, give or take a day. Let's see if my instincts are on or if I'm just wishcasting. I just see all of us digging out next week from 12-18 inches. The vibe is alive and strong.

The Gorilla knows. The Gorilla has spoken. My animal instincts are buzzing!

Weird. I measured in a bunch of spots last night at midnight and came up with 5-6". It snowed for hours afterward and the area that I shoveled had 2.5" on it this morning. Areas I didn't touch and on the car and garbage cans it was 5". This stuff compacted right down and shows why official measurements should be every 6 hours.

Weird. I measured in a bunch of spots last night at midnight and came up with 5-6". It snowed for hours afterward and the area that I shoveled had 2.5" on it this morning. Areas I didn't touch and on the car and garbage cans it was 5". This stuff compacted right down and shows why official measurements should be every 6 hours.

That's the truth about measuring. I may wry well have had a little more than the 1.9" but it's all noise for me at this point.

Haven't been a hockey game there in a couple years, I need to go again. And CH, you can't go wrong with Newburgh Brewing, good beer, good music, good view, great folks who own it and work there.

I've had their beer several times, but had never been there. Really great place. I had a delicious winter spruce warmer that was brewed with spruce tips from the brewers backyard. Very interesting idea for a beer and it smelled like a mountain top. My favorite place in the area is Mill House. If you haven't been there, it's definitely worth a trip.

lol... perfect. 32.2F here, first time in quite a while. It's gonna be a scorcher as soon as the sun breaks through.

Somehow I managed another half inch of snow for a 3.6" storm total with .41" LE. Densest snow since Thanksgiving imby.

I noticed that as I was shoveling my rink today. It was definitely a heavy snow. Spent a couple hours playing hockey with the kids. Gorgeous morning, It felt like June out there.  :sizzle:

Its all about location and luck. For me this one was an overperformer. It never tainted, snowed for over 12 hours and left at least 8". If that gaping snowhole hadn't run right over us this would have been well over a foot when the forecast never went higher than 4-6".

Next.

Wow.. You have had quite a few 6"+ events.. Whats your ytd? 

I noticed several stations in southwest Ulster County reporting temperatures in the 45-50 degree range, glad that didn't happen here...deep snowpack until March now looks almost imminent

Edit: With strong sunshine and fresh snowpack late in winter those readings are likely 90% bogus

I noticed several stations in southwest Ulster County reporting temperatures in the 45-50 degree range, glad that didn't happen here...deep snowpack until March now looks almost imminent

Edit: With strong sunshine and fresh snowpack late in winter those readings are likely 90% bogus

Agreed. Many have crappy stations and it does make a difference.

Archived