CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Winter Med Range Discussion days 3-10 pbp II

buckeyefan1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told yall yesterday not to get excited about that. The western ridge has been getting beaten down all year. Why is that suddenly gonna stop now when all the main pattern drivers are still the same? We'll soon see if the shorter wavelength theory has any merit or if that's another predictor to throw in the trash can.

We're still going to get a good snow before the winter is out though.

At this point, any model or forecaster predicting an extended period of cold or wintry weather should be looked at with a wrong until proven right perspective.

I admit, I am a idiot, I fell for what the models were showing.  I thought it was going to be an extended period of cold, with ++PNA/-EPO.  Gone is the big tall ridge on the GEFS, winters over, enjoy the warmth the next few days, we will have a cool/cold shot next Fri-Sun and then back to seasonal plus/minus a few degrees.  We start approaching avg highs of 60F to close out Feb, can't wait.

I admit, I am a idiot, I fell for what the models were showing. I thought it was going to be an extended period of cold, with ++PNA/-EPO. Gone is the big tall ridge on the GEFS, winters over, enjoy the warmth the next few days, we will have a cool/cold shot next Fri-Sun and then back to seasonal plus/minus a few degrees. We start approaching avg highs of 60F to close out Feb, can't wait.

So quick to give up after one bad run. Just wait and see what happens. Still plenty of time.

So quick to give up after one bad run. Just wait and see what happens. Still plenty of time.

Plenty of time for what?   GEFS/GFS/CMC/CMC-ENS all say no wintery precip next 10 days.  Remember the cold being progged, gone, seasonal on the GEFS, same crap all winter, fantasy patterns in the 10+ day have never developed...stop chasing unicorns, enjoy the rest of seasonal Feb.

post-2311-0-79643400-1423417103_thumb.pn

Y'all just hang on, models are not going to be the same every run! We fixing the shuffle the cards and winter is going to come back like gang busters with snow/ice this this around before spring attempt's to appear in April (maybe) You just wait and see Charlie Brown!!!! :snowing:

When the deck is shuffled, we will be dealt: 2,4, 7, 9,5. Then the flop will be Jack, 10, 3

I'm all in, cause JB said so!

Plenty of time for what? GEFS/GFS/CMC/CMC-ENS all say no wintery precip next 10 days. Remember the cold being progged, gone, seasonal on the GEFS, same crap all winter, fantasy patterns in the 10+ day have never developed...stop chasing unicorns, enjoy the rest of seasonal Feb.

And yesterday three models had a snowstorm.

Not unusual to see 10 day snowstorms. Very unusual to have a cold and snowy pattern actually verify.

Clearly it's foolish to expect or to be looking for a snowy pattern . There are no promising signs of that. And we are getting into the back quarter of the winter so those looking for a snowy pattern are gonna have to wait till next year.

However to me it's also foolish to write the rest of winter off. Has anything worked out this winter? No does that mean we can't time an event ? No of course. The 16th-20th is still very much in play IMO

It's easier to say screw it nothing is gonna happen because of the way the winter has played out so far

Clearly it's foolish to expect or to be looking for a snowy pattern . There are no promising signs of that. And we are getting into the back quarter of the winter so those looking for a snowy pattern are gonna have to wait till next year.

However to me it's also foolish to write the rest of winter off. Has anything worked out this winter? No does that mean we can't time an event ? No of course. The 16th-20th is still very much in play IMO

It's easier to say screw it nothing is gonna happen because of the way the winter has played out so far

Oh I don't disagree with you. I'm just saying that 3 models showing a snowstorm is a lot less likely to verify this year than one run of models showing an in and out cold blast.

Yep. It's getting late to expect an extended cold wintery pattern to lock in this far south.  We have to hope for a one hit wonder.

Archived