• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Bust of the Century January 26-27 2015 model suites and discussions

Morris

I think TWC might be off the deep end......they forecast 9 - 11 for Staten Island, while Upton has me at 18 - 24.

Just as a side question, living in Staten Island, is it safer to use EWR or NYC, there have been times (like Saturday's storm) where we measure vastly different numbers (I think NYC registered 2.5ish while here in Staten Island an official measurement was 4.8 or 5)

Use a ruler...or yard stick

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually EWR works best.  With borderline temp events we will do better than NYC because we are usually cooler.  Nyc has that heat island factor.   For this event I expect snowfall to be between EWR and JFK 

I think TWC might be off the deep end......they forecast 9 - 11 for Staten Island, while Upton has me at 18 - 24.

Just as a side question, living in Staten Island, is it safer to use EWR or NYC, there have been times (like Saturday's storm) where we measure vastly different numbers (I think NYC registered 2.5ish while here in Staten Island an official measurement was 4.8 or 5)

DT opened fire on them on Facebook a few hours ago about that.

If you want to see why UPTON went with the NAM please put the 18z NAM @ 0z next to the 12z Euro @  0z and look at what has fallen by 7pm and you tell me who is closer . Its not close ... 4 to 6 is already down right  where the NAM said  it would .

Well, it looks like it's crunch time.

Between now and 1am I'm forecast to start picking up a decent amount of snow, and right now any meaningful snow is a ways out. Lets see how this plays out. 

If things aren't going by 10pm, then this forecast is going to take a big hit west of the city. 

ScreenHunter_138%20Jan.%2026%2019.15.png

IF IN FACT THE STORM IS MOVING SLOWER THEN EXPECTED,THEN YOUR TIME FRAMES,etc for the storm will need to be adjusted...to account for slower movement I'd imagine

There is no indication that it's moving slower. The question is will it move east and spare us from major totals. All will depend on the 500mb low

Archived