joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014/15 Med/Long Range Discussion Part 3

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty sure Andy is a severe weather guy and is staring down the barrel of another lame spring. But you guys probably knew that and were just being dicks.

The fact is the vast majority of the board couldn't care less about spring/summer heat and severe weather (I'm not in this camp). Many hate both of the aforementioned with a passion.

Most are primarily concerned about the winter season. It is what it is...

Yeah but at this point the pattern doesn't exactly look favorable for severe weather to open March.

No I know, my point was just to mention that severe weather season isn't that far away and we don't have to go back too many years to find some good early season outbreaks 2012 and 2006 immediately come to mind.  Honestly though I think after 2 subpar severe weather seasons in a row, I can understand Andy's point that this nonstop -EPO and NW flow is getting old. I mean to be honest if we didn't luck into our huge storm this winter, the big story would have been cold and dry for the region outside of the lake belts.

Is our cold pattern affecting Vancouver weather?

Lol. I was thinking the same thing.

Having a large deep trough in the eastern US does effect the weather in Vancouver ... without looking at their forecast I imagine they will likely end up with some mild/sunny weather coming up as we enter a deep freeze here.

See below.

pretty sure Andy is a severe weather guy and is staring down the barrel of another lame spring. But you guys probably knew that and were just being dicks.

I love storms and tornadoes and chasing as much as anyone but I'm okay with not having them till April. Bring me all the snow possible in March.

Unlike big dog snows, they are almost guaranteed to happen. Chasing sucks in Michigan, too many trees. I have been within a mile of a tornado and never got to see the funnel.... Illinois, Indy, Ohio.... Much easier.

It's almost as if we have entered a positive feedback since the waters off the West Coast are so warm, there's no way for the ridge to not keep getting forced in that area.

I feel like the lack of a sub-tropical jet is also not helping since it otherwise might be able to undercut/weaken it.

Unlike big dog snows, they are almost guaranteed to happen. Chasing sucks in Michigan, too many trees. I have been within a mile of a tornado and never got to see the funnel.... Illinois, Indy, Ohio.... Much easier.

The center part of the state isn't bad, neither is the thumb. As long as you stay out of towns in those areas you have good vision.

The fact is the vast majority of the board couldn't care less about spring/summer heat and severe weather (I'm not in this camp). Many hate both of the aforementioned with a passion.

Most are primarily concerned about the winter season. It is what it is...

Ahem. There are a few of us who enjoy all seasons, including severe.

Archived