Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter '14-'15

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are no well respected posters on those torus, just uber weenies.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe they are very well respected, unless they are actual Mets. But to be fair, I see a lot of NWS offices discussing the possibility that the weekend storms ends up with l less amp and more progressive like some of the previous storms. If it does deepen there is nothing to stop it cutting though.

18z GFS depicting a nice back-end thump late in the weekend. Hard to imagine that will happen. Definitely seems to have a different look to it from 12z, though.

from what I am reading. This is a solution that was similar to what it originally showing with focus on the 2nd wave. Only time will tell if this has credence.

from what I am reading. This is a solution that was similar to what it originally showing with focus on the 2nd wave. Only time will tell if this has credence.

Even this far out, there seems to be decent agreement that liquid precip will be falling at some point.

However, like you said, the second wave currently looks to be our best chance at advisory snows.

stay tuned. lol

Its only the NAM lets see what the other models say. Im baffled by how much these models flip flop. This has to drive mets absolutely insane, even the ensembles are a mess because they are based off the OPs.

Not only are the models all over the place the precip totals keep changing.

I still like the southern trend because if the precip comes back we will be in the snow. I would rather have a 1-3 inch all snow than the usual 1 inch of slop and dry on the back end. Let's see what the GFS, GGEM and Euro have to say.

Currently getting some steady light snow that has been picking up this morning.

I do see on the HRRR that snow showers will develop this afternoon again. With temps this cold I don't expect much accumulation but some people may see in inch or so in some heavier batches.

Now we have a repeat of the event from Monday?  Models have been so bad, but in reality a less amplified solution would be ideal for us considering we have zero blocking.  Looks like the clipper from yesterday is setting the table again as a 50/50, although I'd think it would be a little further north and out of the way, bringing Saturday/Sunday event further north.

If places south of here get another 12" storm I might lose my mind, though.

GEM seems like the outlier at the moment,. I wouldn't discount it.   It always seems to verify when giving our are the warm tongue. I would be surprised if a totally suppressed solution verifies.  Just watched Bernie Rayno video and he says Pgh all snow, but yesterday he said the storm track, mix for our area, was locked in...

Attached thumbnail(s)

img-resized.png Reduced 38%
post-12737-1424364414_thumb.png
U9e2FQS.jpg

GEM seems like the outlier at the moment,. I wouldn't discount it.   It always seems to verify when giving our are the warm tongue. I would be surprised if a totally suppressed solution verifies.  Just watched Bernie Rayno video and he says Pgh all snow, but yesterday he said the storm track, mix for our area, was locked in...

It is further SE though compared to 00z, so its still going in the right direction.

Archived