Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter '14-'15

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am extraordinarily confused what you are looking at when reading these maps....

I am looking at the shading area of lite blueish into lite purples and most likely lower ratios than even 10:1.  Look at the GFS, same thing around 3-5 inches.  Yea, someone may get 6 but in general, 3-5 looks like it is the most reasonable call at this point.

I am looking at the shading area of lite blueish into lite purples and most likely lower ratios than even 10:1. Look at the GFS, same thing around 3-5 inches. Yea, someone may get 6 but in general, 3-5 looks like it is the most reasonable call at this point.

That rgem shows 6-8 in agc. The gfs shows about 4-6, but you're not reading either that hires nam map or the rgem correctly. Plus, at least at the beginning rates are going to be higher than 10:1.

I am looking at the shading area of lite blueish into lite purples and most likely lower ratios than even 10:1.  Look at the GFS, same thing around 3-5 inches.  Yea, someone may get 6 but in general, 3-5 looks like it is the most reasonable call at this point.

I would be shocked if someone in the city area got 5" from this..

Looks like a general 1-3" to me.

I'm hoping south tick and colder. The totals are 6 because warm toungue lets c if we trend colder or warmer today..the one good scenario that's is still certain is any outcome is still on table 1-20 inches. Rain. Slop. Sun. It's all on the table. U all know. I'm happy with 20

The gfs looks like it actually keeps everything frozen. Maybe a met can chime in on what form that frozen precip it is. Even at that, it still looks like a decent 3-6 ish type hit.

c2be0b127472fe20ecfe2780e21edad2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Not that model guidance should be taken as exact, but there is no model out there to support what our NWS office is saying.  I am thinking they will have to adjust after the 12z suite is complete.  At least to a 2-4 or 3-5 forecast for the general pittsburgh area

Not that model guidance should be taken as exact, but there is no model out there to support what our NWS office is saying.  I am thinking they will have to adjust after the 12z suite is complete.  At least to a 2-4 or 3-5 forecast for the general pittsburgh area

I agree, I would be shocked if they did not up totals and issues watches or advisories in the next few hours. Especially with central PA NWS buying in.

Archived