Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter '14-'15

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just measured 1 inch on the sidewalk. Seems those heavier returns keep fizzling out rather than moving North over me. Hopefully they push North over the next hour or so. The snow that has fallen thus far is a very fine, almost sand like flake. Over the last half hour better flakes have started falling though. Roads look to be a mess.

Just measured 1 inch on the sidewalk. Seems those heavier returns keep fizzling out rather than moving North over me. Hopefully they push North over the next hour or so. The snow that has fallen thus far is a very fine, almost sand like flake. Over the last half hour better flakes have started falling though. Roads look to be a mess.

What do u think. How soon for dry slot ??? One of my boys turns 4 today he has a big party at jump zone at 130 today. Should I reschedule to next sat. Or will dry slot come in next hour and road crews will get it on. What does board think. ?? Should I cancel now. Or. Things should clear up and keep party thanks

What do u think. How soon for dry slot ??? One of my boys turns 4 today he has a big party at jump zone at 130 today. Should I reschedule to next sat. Or will dry slot come in next hour and road crews will get it on. What does board think. ?? Should I cancel now. Or. Things should clear up and keep party thanks

Maybe just delay it until like 4. Looks like a big warm up coming this afternoon. Should see temperatures climb into the 30s which should help melt this snow.

Its a tough call, even if it quit snowing right now and temperatures shoot up to above freezing its going to take several hours for the roads to get cleared. Don't forget ground temperatures will stay well below freezing for several hours even if air temperatures rise above.

Do you pay based on the number of kids that show up? I'd say no matter what you do its not going to end up ideal.

I can't delay. A lot people coming and there pre booked.

3 products issued by NWS for: Pittsburgh PA

Winter Storm Warning
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PITTSBURGH PA1020 AM EST SAT FEB 21 2015PAZ007>009-013>016-020>023-029-031-073-075-WVZ001>004-012-021-022-212330-/O.CON.KPBZ.WS.W.0005.000000T0000Z-150222T0300Z/MERCER-VENANGO-FOREST-LAWRENCE-BUTLER-CLARION-JEFFERSON PA-BEAVER-ALLEGHENY-ARMSTRONG-INDIANA-WASHINGTON-GREENE-WESTMORELAND-FAYETTE-HANCOCK-BROOKE-OHIO-MARSHALL-WETZEL-MARION-MONONGALIA-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...GROVE CITY...FRANKLIN...TIONESTA...NEW CASTLE...BUTLER...CLARION...BROOKVILLE...BEAVER...PITTSBURGH METRO AREA...KITTANNING...INDIANA...WASHINGTON...WAYNESBURG...GREENSBURG...LATROBE...UNIONTOWN...WEIRTON...BETHANY...WHEELING...MOUNDSVILLE...NEW MARTINSVILLE...FAIRMONT...MORGANTOWN1020 AM EST SAT FEB 21 2015...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EST THISEVENING...* ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATION...1 TO 2 INCHES. 2 TO 4 FOR AREAS NORTH  AND EAST OF PITTSBURGH.* PERIOD OF MOST INTENSE SNOW...ENDING EARLY THIS AFTERNOON. SNOW  MAY MIX WITH FREEZING RAIN OR SLEET IN NORTHERN WEST VIRGINIA  THIS AFTERNOON.* SNOW ENDING...SNOW WILL END AS FREEZING DRIZZLE THIS EVENING.* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED DUE TO SNOW  ACCUMULATION.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SNOW MEANS THAT HEAVY SNOWFALL WILLMAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. IF YOU MUST VENTURE OUT AT ALL...USEEXTREME CAUTION. REPORT SNOW ACCUMULATION TO THE NATIONAL WEATHERSERVICE BY CALLING...412-262-1988...POSTING TO THE NWS PITTSBURGHFACEBOOK PAGE...OR USING TWITTER @NWSPITTSBURGH.&&$$

Archived