• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Winter medium range model pbp I

GaWx

540 line is in south GA and SC for the arrival and for the durtation of the clipper

This is the system I've been most interesting in the last few days as it's not your normal, run of the mill clipper or situation. Sensibly, a lot of nc should see snow  but for georgia and sc, I'm afraid low levels are still a problem. The gfs has had a very persistent and stubborn warm layer from 925mb to the surface here. Frustrating to say the least because it's so rare to get a clipper that strong this far south. in north carolina though, the 0c isotherm runs through the middle of the state. I won't say that's the dividing line because dynamics are likely to be quite intense but Depending on rates, dynamics, etc even southern areas near the sc border might have issues due to this aggravating near surface warm layer. Since this is a rather unique system though, i suspect much will change and there will be some surprises.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice clipper for western NC...

I hope that comes to fruition, just as depicted on your snow map, but that has not been my experience with clippers in WNC.  There should be a big gaping snow hole in the immediate lee of the Apps, not a bullseye.

This is the system I've been most interesting in the last few days as it's not your normal, run of the mill clipper or situation. Sensibly, a lot of nc should see snow  but for georgia and sc, I'm afraid low levels are still a problem. The gfs has had a very persistent and stubborn warm layer from 925mb to the surface here. Frustrating to say the least because it's so rare to get a clipper that strong this far south. in north carolina though, the 0c isotherm runs through the middle of the state. I won't say that's the dividing line because dynamics are likely to be quite intense but Depending on rates, dynamics, etc even southern areas near the sc border might have issues due to this aggravating near surface warm layer. Since this is a rather unique system though, i suspect much will change and there will be some surprises.

What makes it different from other clippers, Lookout?  I'm looking for reasons to believe this might actually produce snow rather than downsloping in the immediate lee of the Apps.

Nice track for you guys, maybe a little east of what you want but it's the GEFS.  But, atleast the low is gone from the lakes and we a HP trying to sneak in.

Thanks.  Is this dramatically different than the past few runs of the GEFS?  I think our best bet is for the storm to crank and we have to rely on dynamic cooling.  #straws

Bundled up pretty nicely at hour 54 over SE corner of the 4 corners.  Nice little snow event for Panhandle and OK  Looks like its a bit colder at 850 out there, and getting very close to DFW.  Looks some snow *if cold enough at 2m* over into central and southern AR.  ***More NEU*** tilted already vs 00z run

Archived