• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/20 Pre Grinch Mood Snows

40/70 Benchmark

The new GFS takes a piece of vorticity and really helps to dig and phase this with the original s/w, thus pulling the low north. The EC tries to do this, but confluence forces it offshore.

Just looked at the run....looks like it takes it over the canal.

I honestly see this as a likely scenario, though perhaps not "tucked" so much into LI and se CT....track over CC canal certainly possible.

This run is on the nw edge of "Ray" envelope of viability.

I think that run is the most tucked the low could be, and the most "f*cked" that the cp could be.

Probably a bit colder than this is what the ultimate solution wil be.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looked at the run....looks like it takes it over the canal.

I honestly see this as a likely scenario, though perhaps not "tucked" so much into LI and se CT....track over CC canal certainly possible.

This run is on the nw edge of "Ray" envelope of viability.

I think that run is the most tucked the low could be, and the most "f*cked" that the cp could be.

Probably a bit colder than this is what the ultimate solution wil be.

I'm just thinking that this could be your classic 2-5" call to a sloppy mess. I'll stick with that forecast until Thursday haha

Believe it or not, the players on the field are pretty good. A weenie block over Quebec. srn stream system with energy digging into it on the backside. A nice high preceding the storm.  The west coast kind of sucks and not much confluence upstream, but it's a decent look.

Yea, I was noting the well positioned +PP on the chart....which is why I think the n and w burbs are going to see a white xmas come tuck or high water.

Believe it or not, the players on the field are pretty good. A weenie block over Quebec. srn stream system with energy digging into it on the backside. A nice high preceding the storm.  The west coast kind of sucks and not much confluence upstream, but it's a decent look.

I was thinking similarly that it doesn't look all too bad at the moment.  And the fact that you feel decent at the moment about the players, is a nice feeling.  Hey, it's fun to be able to discuss a "Possibility."

I was thinking similarly that it doesn't look all too bad at the moment.  And the fact that you feel decent at the moment about the players, is a nice feeling.  Hey, it's fun to be able to discuss a "Possibility."

Well I don't want to cause you to feel overly confident, but we've had much worse looks before. Like Ray, feeling more of an interior hit, but at 7 days or so out...this is just speculation.

Well I don't want to cause you to feel overly confident, but we've had much worse looks before. Like Ray, feeling more of an interior hit, but at 7 days or so out...this is just speculation.

Oh No, I get you.  And I'm not feeling confident at all lol.  But I agree with the part that we've seen much worse looks before, and I guess that was my idea/point.  Thanks.

models are all over the place with the strength and placement of high pressure and the degree of subsidence or confluence to the north of the storm but in the end I think this is coming north possibly but maybe not quite as far as today's parallel gfs but if it does it would be a sloppy snowfall in my location.

Yep.

This absolutely cracks me up..That last line is priceless 

ABOUT THE   HUGE  SHIFT  IN THE 12Z  CMC   FROM THE 0Z  CMC

One of the really big rules that needs to be followed in the weather business ( especially we are forecasting in the medium range) is the **RULE OF 1 SOLUTION*** .

Let's say you have five different weather models and all 5 are showing something different. Model A is you a big snowstorm....Model B gives you small snowstorm...... Model C gives you rain... and Model D gives you no precip at all and MODEL E says sunny. For those who do not know the ways of science this can seem all too confusing. But when you have a situation where the other weather models begin to move towards ONE particular solution -- in this case MODEL A... it is often very significant that the original solution that has been showing up for last several model runs by MODEL A ....is far more likely to end up being correct.

In this particular case this is exactly was going on with the midday Canadian here. Typically there are some forecasters and weather hobbyists that will fight this trend and say well it doesn't mean much.. Or they will make the argument that that still does not prove the European solution is going to be correct. However those making such an argument are simply telling me that have no idea what they are doing .

attachicon.gif12CMC135.jpg

Archived