amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 19-21 Storm Thread

Deck Pic

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless you are referring to a different storm other than 2/5-6/10 as Snowmageddon, this is simply a false memory. 

I remember in 1996 he was the last to really start to talk about the chance of a big snow, but when he came on at 11pm Friday night and said this is going to be crippling I knew it was a lock. 

Well at least the Ohio low is gone on the reg GFS, now to flat and south. 

That's more in line with its bias in this situation at 5 days out.  Not worried until 72 hours.  The real red flag would be if the UKMET was flat.  That might indicate euro is off its rocker this time.  Would also be nice if the GGEM showed a storm on an odd run or two in the next day. 

GFS looks terrible at h5. But then it's supposedly smarter twin has a closed h5 low over AZ at 84 hours. Not sure where it goes from there but the differences @ just 3.5 day leads are huge. 

I don't envy the NWS. How does one even begin to blend the following guidance: a cloudy sprinkle storm scooting to our south Saturday morning (GFS) and a slowly evolving Gulf of Mexico Miller A liquid explosion moving in Saturday night (ECMWF). 

This is the 3rd coastal system this winter season already where the euro has been a rock run after run with the same general solution while the other models flail around aimlessly.  Now eventually the euro will be wrong so its dangerous to use past performance to predict future results, as the Eagles proved last night, but it is definitely a trend this year that the euro is locked into these east coast systems in this pattern while the other models are struggling.  UKMET has been very similar to the euro also so I should put those two together in fairness. 

Archived