Newest Member
    joxey
December 19-21 Storm Thread

Deck Pic

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really?  144 for me 999mb SLP near Wilmington NC

I think he was referring to the small wave of low pressure near the VA or WV border, but most energy is already transferred to where you are referring to. Bc at 150 we have a nice center of LP near VA beach

I think he was referring to the small wave of low pressure near the VA or WV border, but most energy is already transferred to where you are referring to. Bc at 150 we have a nice center of LP near VA beach

I wasn't..it is a track that is too far west for the coastal plain...I didn't mean apps runner...I meant inland runner, but I guess what I mean by inland runner is not what others mean...in the end it ends up off the coast....but it is a dicey track for me

I wasn't..it is a track that is too far west for the coastal plain...I didn't mean apps runner...I meant inland runner, but I guess what I mean by inland runner is not what others mean...in the end it ends up off the coast....but it is a dicey track for me

12z EPS had the storm a bit further east than the OP... so OP run is probably on left side of envelope

Yeah, I see what you are saying. But at 138, it is somewhat elongated, and 144 the center is already at the NC/SC coast, so I wouldn't really call that an inland runner. This is only one OP run so I'm not going to go into that much detail. All I am saying is I would consider an inland runner to have the stronger low going to the west of the area and that doesn't look to be the case here

12z EPS had the storm a bit further east than the OP... so OP run is probably on left side of envelope

the OP looks like 0z last night...it is west of 12z today....March 1993 is often referred to as an inland runner....track right up the chesapeake...this is east of that track...but it is inland until around 162 hours...anyway...nomenclature aside...50 miles west of DC gets annihilated

Yeah, I see what you are saying. But at 138, it is somewhat elongated, and 144 the center is already at the NC/SC coast, so I wouldn't really call that an inland runner. This is only one OP run so I'm not going to go into that much detail. All I am saying is I would consider an inland runner to have the stronger low going to the west of the area and that doesn't look to be the case here

I usually call that an Apps runner....but in the end it doesn't matter.....the track is almost a snowstorm even for DC :)

Not too often we get to see a completed low transfer in near ideal position around VA Beach. Definitely an interesting run.

[off topic] Just noticed your sig... hope you're enjoying MDA :)

I hope you're working this weekend..that could be a sweet spot

Not too often we get to see a completed low transfer in near ideal position around VA Beach. Definitely an interesting run.

[off topic] Just noticed your sig... hope you're enjoying MDA :)

Haha I actually am, and Mark I love it here!

The cutoff on the northern fringe of the precip shield is brutal for those above the PA turnpike. The setup to the north on this run of the Euro is the type of setup where areas just north of Harrisburg get a few inches and down 40 miles to the south get way over a foot. There is a nice area of confluence that keeps the storm from trucking up the coast and forces the low to redevelop underneath the quasi blocking feature. Anyone else see that, or am I way off?

Archived