Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 9-10 Coastal Storm Threat

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The UKET has the low over NJ/philly at hour 96 and fast forward 24 hours at 120, its in the same area just a bit west. Jeez thats crazy stall.

Using meteocentre maps its hard to know whether or not UKMET turns everyone over by 120... I would assume it would as long as it still has precip?

Using meteocentre maps its hard to know whether or not UKMET turns everyone over by 120... I would assume it would as long as it still has precip?

Hard to tell bro, what I am now confident is someone, don't know the exact location yet, (not any of the cities though) will see 2-3 feet from this storm. I'm thinking upstate NH and places with higher elevation. Looks to just sit there.

It's time to get over the fact it won't be snowing but still enjoy the storm for what it is. I'm thrilled the pattern is so active right now. If you have greater storminess along with more favorable climo then snow will become inevitable.

GFS has winter getting going around the 20th

The UKET has the low over NJ/philly at hour 96 and fast forward 24 hours at 120, its in the same area just a bit west. Jeez thats crazy stall.

I'm looking forward to the Euro. I'm not saying that 2/26/10 is going to happen here but I remember the models struggling with the placement of the low. I remember them having them retrogading over NNE then over Philly, over NYC and finally east of LI.

GFS has winter getting going around the 20th

I'm looking forward to the Euro. I'm not saying that 2/26/10 is going to happen here but I remember the models struggling with the placement of the low. I remember them having them retrogading over NNE then over Philly, over NYC and finally east of LI.

As it stands right now, I do see this retrograding, and the exact placement of the LOW is going to be tough to call even a day out. This is going to be a nice looking storm though, going back to the thanksgiving eve storm it was a straight feed from the gulf up the coast, and this storm is supposed to be stronger, so it will definitely be moisture loaded. All comes down to the placement, how strong the storm is, and will it pull down cold air for snow.

It's time to get over the fact it won't be snowing but still enjoy the storm for what it is. I'm thrilled the pattern is so active right now. If you have greater storminess along with more favorable climo then snow will become inevitable.

I'll pass on cold rain thanks. If the low is tucked in close to LI even the surfer in me will pass as winds will be onshore. Bench mark is for snow and waves.

Archived