joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 9-10 storm threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will 3 days ago I had this 92 feel and mentioned in somewhat jest here but damn this euro run brings back memories. Being cognizant of a stall and capture this could rank up there guys if as depicted  

If this digs much further S and closes off in a good spot, then I'll think about the comparison...but that storm was just on a whole different level...so I'm reluctant to even compare until it's really looking similar.

So what about for CNE and SNE where 96% of us live?

Worrying about details at D5...

It looks like it could end as a period of accumulating snow after rain for most of SNE. That's all we can say at this point. We've pointed out the ways it could trend snowier.

If this digs much further S and closes off in a good spot, then I'll think about the comparison...but that storm was just on a whole different level...so I'm reluctant to even compare until it's really looking similar.

Yep, other than Cat I flooding, 6" of QPF, and 42" of snow...you may be able to make the comparison. :lol:

Of course but evolution wise not latitude wise, this has hallmarks on the Euro of a depiction of a classic

of course Scott without new moon tides of 12 feet you wouldn't get the Cat 1 flooding but lets be big kids and think about the evolutionary meteorology as depicted by the Euro

I'd like to see a much more impressive downstream ridge buckling over the top of the upper low for a '92 comparison...this is an impressive depiction, don't get me wrong, but it has work to do in order to be on the same level of a storm as '92...even taking into account latitude difference. That downstream ridge just buckled and held the storm underneath it for like 36 hours...this one is a bit more progressive and the high slides further E.

I think the European ensemble mean is a reflection of the members that continue to be well south and east, but in reality there is also a large cluster further west with low locations near Long Island and Connecticut as well so I'm not really excited un less I see more of a shift from the operational and the control version

I think the European ensemble mean is a reflection of the members that continue to be well south and east, but in reality there is also a large cluster further west with low locations near Long Island and Connecticut as well so I'm not really excited un less I see more of a shift from the operational and the control version

Have you seen the individuals, or are you just speculating? There's a WxBell product which plots the locations of the individual lows(Among many other things with the indies), but I don't think that comes out until like 5 ish, although I know other sources have indies sooner.

I'd like to see a much more impressive downstream ridge buckling over the top of the upper low for a '92 comparison...this is an impressive depiction, don't get me wrong, but it has work to do in order to be on the same level of a storm as '92...even taking into account latitude difference. That downstream ridge just buckled and held the storm underneath it for like 36 hours...this one is a bit more progressive and the high slides further E.

Certainly not as deep and faster I agree, Euro Ens would be a huge snowstorm to the coast. Just as a general sense not specifically but the airmass, capture and rapid height field crash is similar to some of the big storms. Saying 92 feel was never intended to say a duplicate rather a general similar evolution. Pretty rare bird s depicted.

Have you seen the individuals, or are you just speculating? There's a WxBell product which plots the locations of the individual lows(Among many other things with the indies), but I don't think that comes out until like 5 ish, although I know other sources have indies sooner.[/quote

I was looking at the low locations on weatherbell .

Have you seen the individuals, or are you just speculating? There's a WxBell product which plots the locations of the individual lows(Among many other things with the indies), but I don't think that comes out until like 5 ish, although I know other sources have indies sooner.[/quote

I was looking at the low locations on weatherbell .

Gotcha, didn't realize those are out so early, wasn't until like 5 last winter. 

Jeffaffa I certainly am extremely envious of your position on this Euro depiction. Hopefully it stalls in just the right position for you to relive your avatar. 

At this juncture, I remain optimistic, But the drumbeats are getting louder, I could see this playing out a lot of ways, But in the end i will get something out of it

I know what you mean. That storm basically ripped the heart out of me like the "Temple of Doom" but boy was it historic.

It was a nasty storm where I was on the shoreline. But... if I lived where I live now or got a repeat of 92 here in the CT River Valley I would probably be in a foul mood for an entire month. 

Either way I don't think this storm bears a ton of resemblance to 92. 

Here's the thing on the Euro Ensembles... the biggest "clustering" of lows I see is over Long Island and Connecticut. Most members west of the mean with a handful waaaaaaay east. While the "mean" looks nice most of the members aren't even close to it.

Was this in the beginning? You could see a NW look on the mean as it was evolving. I can't see members though.

Here's the thing on the Euro Ensembles... the biggest "clustering" of lows I see is over Long Island and Connecticut. Most members west of the mean with a handful waaaaaaay east. While the "mean" looks nice most of the members aren't even close to it. 

Well that pretty much settles it. it's a wire to wire rainer for anyone south of southern NH

It was a nasty storm where I was on the shoreline. But... if I lived where I live now or got a repeat of 92 here in the CT River Valley I would probably be in a foul mood for an entire month. 

Either way I don't think this storm bears a ton of resemblance to 92. 

actually that low position looks like your favorite boxing day shredded flakes storm where you and Shabbots were in epic meltdowns.

Archived