EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
2014/15 Winter Banter and General Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great article in the Post today about DC and snowfall through December.  The numbers carry the same theme down there, if December snow is grim the vast majority of years underperform.  There are always those that don't follow the majority, but odds are long.

Winter is just setting up, plenty of time to go.  Odds mean diddly if we get blitzed for several months but hard to ignore history.

Lol yeah. I'll be honest, its getting to me a bit. Nothing you can really do though.

Just sit back and think about why you avg, what you avg. You can't have 60+ every season. It is about time to regress a bit. That said, I don't mind the look around here over the next 2-3 weeks or so. You'll drive yourself batsh*t crazy looking at every op run and the ups and downs.

Honestly. I'm punting the next week or so down here in the tropics of Mass. I'm hopeful for the 7th and beyond, however. Just taking a break for a week helps.

Yeah the writing is on the wall I think for this upcoming event. Save for a huge change tonight or tomorrow I'm probably going to take a bit of a break until we actually have a real threat around here. Enjoy the rest of my time off before I head back to work on monday then school a few weeks later

Just sit back and think about why you avg, what you avg. You can't have 60+ every season. It is about time to regress a bit. That said, I don't mind the look around here over the next 2-3 weeks or so. You'll drive yourself batsh*t crazy looking at every op run and the ups and downs.

Yeah I think the last few winters are probably skewing reality a bit.A break may be good if I can bring myself to do that lol

ok so you didn't say those exact words, I'm sorry, but you did say the pattern will produce chances.

That I did. Little difference there..lol. But yes, with the cold will come chances for the region. And once again, latitude is probably favored..IE the further north, that better the chance. So, lets not all expect 30" at the end of week 2. 

Archived