joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving Eve SECS/MECS Discussion II

gkrangers

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very curious to see what Euro does. But as I go back a couple/ few days, the storm and models have been very consistent, with oscillations east/west of less than 100 miles (generally). So chalk it up to a win for most of the models and good science. That of course comes with a caveat, that it doesnt go one way or another after this point, which is entirely possible. What is the most you've seen a storm move in the 36hr time frame. I know Ive seen at least a 100 mile deviation. If Euro shows west, the sites go dead. if it stays stable with GFS or Nam this evening, the sites stay active, I'd be very surprised if the EURO showed a west surprise.

very curious to see what Euro does. But as I go back a couple/ few days, the storm and models have been very consistent, with oscillations east/west of less than 100 miles (generally). So chalk it up to a win for most of the models and good science. That of course comes with a caveat, that it doesnt go one way or another after this point, which is entirely possible. What is the most you've seen a storm move in the 36hr time frame. I know Ive seen at least a 100 mile deviation. If Euro shows west, the sites go dead. if it stays stable with GFS or Nam this evening, the sites stay active, I'd be very surprised if the EURO showed a west surprise.

I know that feeling all too well, I was in central PA for five years.

Seems like a very similar run to 12z and they're talking up Boston's chances in the SNE forum which is good for the NYC area. Anyone with feedback for our area?

Everything on the models has been borderline for our area so someone would have to check the soundings for LI...but the interior gets smacked.

Everything on the models has been borderline for our area so someone would have to check the soundings for LI...but the interior gets smacked.

I don't have any access to that stuff but the layers turning colder is a good sign. It's perhaps picking up on the northerly winds and strong onset of precip. We probably lose the first hour or so to rain but if we flip to a heavy thump snow it's game on. 

Euro is slightly colder than 12z but similiar track. This is going to be a really tough call for the NYC area. I could see this bust in a positive way if all the forecasts are for low amounts.

The BM track is probably a reality at this point since every model is locking onto it, the keys are what I've been saying-the wind direction and strong onset of precip. We need the boundary layer to crash to 33-34 quick to get snow to accumulate. The rest hopefully will be history.

Euro is slightly colder than 12z but similiar track. This is going to be a really tough call for the NYC area. I could see this bust in a positive way if all the forecasts are for low amounts.

Its not colder - same  850`s are still minus 2 at hr 42

and minus 3 at hr 48  

BL 34 . No change  1 .1 inches of liquid .

warmest 700 mb at 42 is still minus 2 at knyc at 42

JFK  700 mb  are 0   then plus 2 at the NS boarder at 42 .

and minus 3 at hr 48  

JFK  700 mb  are 0   plus 2 at the NS boarder at 42 .

Thanks man. Not a bad run. Wxbell snow map barely has anything for eastern LI

and minus 3 at hr 48  

JFK  700 mb  are 0   then plus 2 at the NS boarder at 42 .

As we thought, east of JFK this will be tough. 

JFK may also mark the transition from due N winds to more NE/ENE winds.

Thanks man. Not a bad run. Wxbell snow map barely has anything for eastern LI

I think east of the William Floyd will be very tough for accumulating snow. Even the NAM doesn't have them getting below 37 or so in the heavy precip. The really questionable area probably starts around Islip and west. I think at least a watch should be extended to NYC at this point. 

Archived