12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December Forecast Discussion

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Normally for freezing rain we have some sort of WAA, so the mid levels flood with warm air and CAD can keep the surface cold. In this case, 925mb is below freezing, so even though 850mb is rather warm, it looks more like sleet. Now, if you were to really bump up the dynamics, you could bring some of that warmer air down, but you might also warm the surface because you don't have that strong CAD keeping the surface cold. You really need everything to time out perfectly for ice, one of the reasons why it's so rare around here.

Winters over , Dec is over , Winter cxl. Boy this pattern sucks , Guys are gona bust for the winter  , Mets are going to have to go back to how they look at winters .

So NE looking at a snowstorm , A possible ice storm in the lower hudson valley  , And some frozen in KNYC .

All in what was suppose to be a torch week . 

The UKMET isn't even close. We'll have to see how many Euro ensemble members are

on board to see if that OP run has any support. That southern stream low needs to close

off like the Euro is showing 96 hrs otherwise it will kicked east like UKMET.

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/UKHEMI_12z/ukloop.html

It would really help if we could put some points on the board next week that would make the nails go down easier in the 10 -15 .

The UKMET isn't even close. We'll have to see how many Euro ensemble members are

on board to see if that OP run has any support. That southern stream low needs to close

off like the Euro is showing 96 hrs otherwise it will kicked east like UKMET.

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/UKHEMI_12z/ukloop.html

The pattern next week supports a cut-off or closed low somewhere over East .  If this comes close enough, strong winds could be threat. With a tight pressure gradient with the strong high to north and east. The UKMET has the high at 1050mb:

141rtxx.jpg

Winters over , Dec is over , Winter cxl. Boy this pattern sucks , Guys are gona bust for the winter  , Mets are going to have to go back to how they look at winters .

So NE looking at a snowstorm , A possible ice storm in the lower hudson valley  , And some frozen in KNYC .

All in what was suppose to be a torch week . 

any cold air?  Otherwise this is a rainy week for the coast/city

any cold air? Otherwise this is a rainy week for the coast/city

This pattern is gonna benefit anyone away from the coastal plain. Our first legit shot of snow from NYC-east have to wait until december 20th onward since D 10-15 are horrendous during the pattern reload.

Im kind of excited for this. If the pattern reloads for the 20th we may be able to possibly set ourselves up for a white christmas. Anyone ever consider that within all these weenie suicides in here?

any cold air?  Otherwise this is a rainy week for the coast/city

Days 4 - 10 are  Cold . Def beat what the ensembles had for us this week in the LR from a week ago .

In regards to the storm . too early , not sure . Would favors those  just away from the coast and in NE . 

This pattern is gonna benefit anyone away from the coastal plain. Our first legit shot of snow from NYC-east have to wait until december 20th onward since D 10-15 are horrendous during the pattern reload.

Im kind of excited for this. If the pattern reloads for the 20th we may be able to possibly set ourselves up for a white christmas. Anyone ever consider that within all these weenie suicides in here?

There's plenty of cold air after the 1st cutoff.

Just need the timing of the vort interactions to be perfect.

That's record warmth in the Midwest...even if it's muted it will still be warm! I don't know what you want me to say? That warmth will get to us at some point, we can only avoid it for so long. I would love to see some cold start building in Canada on these op runs. Next week threats looks meh for the coast. No cold air mass to tap over the conus.

I hear you bud but all I'm saying is we can't trust these models beyond day 5. Yes this pattern is crappy but don't ever expect a warm up with precipitation falling. If it's dry late next week than we could get some warming but I doubt it as this of the year climo is on our side and it's easier to be cold than warm. It is December after all. I hear you, you're only stating what the models are saying but you've got to go beyond the models and make a final decision yourself as models are only guidance. Keep up the good work though, your a great poster

Surprised no one has mentioned the Full Moon Sunday since the kitchen sink was mentioned - also I tend to doubt this would be an ice storm anywhere in the region - more like a snow/rain mix inland and plain rain in the immediate metro and coast - HP is in an unfavorable location to the north for a frozen event so the marine air and east wind will eventually out trump any attempt of cold enough air to become involved or CAD

ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_6.png

Surprised no one has mentioned the Full Moon Sunday since the kitchen sink was mentioned - also I tend to doubt this would be an ice storm anywhere in the region - more like a snow/rain mix inland and plain rain in the immediate metro and coast - HP is in an unfavorable location to the north for a frozen event so the marine air and east wind will eventually out trump any attempt of cold enough air to become involved or CAD

ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_6.png

Agree, last time i checked a HP system no matter how strong moving EAST of maine isnt good for anyone save for maybe NE/NNE or those with substantial elevation

Agree, last time i checked a HP system no matter how strong moving EAST of maine isnt good for anyone save for maybe NE/NNE or those with substantial elevation

Would you prefer no high at all? Even if the location is not desirable it can't hurt to have a strong high close by because we could at least see some CAD go on.

Then again given your location I could see why it's not a good thing regardless but it at least gives inland areas a better shot.

The gfs is an absolute killjoy. It has squat and the massive torch continues after. I really hope it's wrong or its gonna be a very sad closing in on the holidays. It roasts us from the 11 through the entire run or up till the 20th with no hope of a change.

I'm sure next run will show something continent different. The overall global features don't support this.. Right now anyway.

Edit : yes the GFS has been somewhat consistent in terms of warmth, but in the upper atmosphere it has not held as steady.

Archived