• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December Forecast Discussion

REDMK6GLI

Not really .  Looks nothing the 12z OP and matches other guidance  . The UKMET wanted no part of this either does the 0z Euro or it`s ensembles .

Don`t get fooled by 1 OP run. It would have been nice to steal a little something before the warmest part of the progression here but was not likely for the coast and now I would just move on  . Next week temp wise will be B/N .

But then look for Day 10 - 15 ( and most likely beyond ) look to be A .

GEFS also doesn't want any part of it. I guess it was too good to be true. Euro has been showing way too many weenie fantasy storms of late.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "LittleWhiteHope" for XMAS?

http://www.wxcaster4.com/cfs/CONUS_CFS_1000-500_SLPTHKPRP_90HR.gif

Need coastal low to deepen at expense of the GLL which it has over last two days of following this time frame, now looks boarderline snowy.  

Also the warm period upcoming mid-month looks dry with a mostly NW wind at surface keeping 2mT's below their 850mb anomaly potential, which seems to be about 7-8Cdegs.,  ie.   5C instead of the normal -2C to -3C for the period.

the place that needs the rainfall and or snowfall right now is the reservior locations for instance the ones that supply NYC

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/drinking_water/maplevels_wide.shtml

Friday night and Saturday afternoon and night looks to be a rather wet period. 1-2" of rain likely as we continue to improve from the drought conditions over the Summer.

f72.gif

The 12z OP GFS keeps the 850 0 line up in Canada from day 8-16..I have never seen that before in December..in never goes down in the states.Is that possible?..looks like an early October map wow

Yep! Going to get worse before it gets better. From next weekend till the 20th looks pretty warm...but there is light at the end of the tunnel

Yep! Going to get worse before it gets better. From next weekend till the 20th looks pretty warm...but there is light at the end of the tunnel

Numerous 00Z GFS ensemble members had a pretty good look Day 12-16 as far as more troughiness in the East and ridging starting to build out West....the Op has not had one run yet where it showed that but the ensembles which maybe had 1-2 members showing it a few days ago have more now.

Numerous 00Z GFS ensemble members had a pretty good look Day 12-16 as far as more troughiness in the East and ridging starting to build out West....the Op has not had one run yet where it showed that but the ensembles which maybe had 1-2 members showing it a few days ago have more now.

This maybe a stupid question but I am trying to learn so forgive me. Do the ensembles tend to pick up on changes before the OP? Or does the OP pick up on changes before the ensembles, And thanks for answering just trying to learn

This maybe a stupid question but I am trying to learn so forgive me. Do the ensembles tend to pick up on changes before the OP? Or does the OP pick up on changes before the ensembles, And thanks for answering just trying to learn

This may be an equally stupid answer, but I would imagine that ensembles should theoretically identify subtle changes before the operational run, simply by virtue of testing dozens of different atmospheric states as opposed to one. Obviously verification scores will differ from agency to agency.

The Euro fulfills two requirements to get some measurable snow to the city and

coast in a terrible teleconnection pattern this run. It phases and closes off at

500 so there is some light backlash snows to the coast.

It has a band of very strong dynamics which cool the thermal profile and allow for heavy snow over parts of NJ, Philly and SE PA. (image only up temporarily)

Archived