• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
November 22-25 Storm Discussion

Hoosier

lol, Geos. I sat here trying to figure it out, and concluded I would get about 7 inches according to the RGEM. Then I scrolled down and saw your map. I would be right in the jackpot for Michigan! 7 to 8 inches.

Yeah it's just mm/2.54" for the conversion.

Up and over 0.40" for this system now.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

00z RGEM is a little lighter with the snows for the QCA compared to the 12z run.  Best snows fall up in Cheese country.

Still sticking with my 1-2" call for QCA/here.  To me it looks like we'll quickly change over to snow shortly after sunrise.  May rip for a short time, but looks to quickly lift north of here by late morning.  The residual light snows that develop behind the main deform band by midday across much of the area may end up giving us more accum than the brief burst of snow after the changeover.  All in all it's looking like a non-event here by winter standards, but for November it's hard to complain.  Would have been fun to get a solid 3-5" storm though like some of the models have indicated over the past few days. 

Thanks for posting all these maps Geos, good luck all on this event. We have a high wind warning in effect here for gust up to 60 MPH. Should be fun with the amount of moisture that is in the soil from the recent Lake effect event.

I would love to get the 6 to 8 inches of cement snow the models are showing. Perhaps it can put down a nice base. How much snow do you have left over there?

I would love to get the 6 to 8 inches of cement snow the models are showing. Perhaps it can put down a nice base. How much snow do you have left over there?

18 inches. The highest base I got to was 50 inches with 6-6.5 SWE within the snow. The highest recorded was 59 inches in Elma. These 3 days are perfect snow torching conditions here. The snow piles are still incredible though. It feels like I'm driving in a tunnel down most streets in Hamburg. They still have giant snow throwers going down the road to make the streets wider.

The GFS is almost that skimpy and the NAM has a difficult cutoff for the Chicago metro area as well.  Recent trends are ending the snow a bit sooner for both Chicago and Milwaukee.

My point was it looks too low, given everything else out there.

Trying to nail down the exact location of where the deformation band will rotate through the longest is a long shot even 24 hours out! lol

3z RAP might be coming in a tad south.

Archived