amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
November 22-25 Storm Discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright. Sometimes it is hard to sift through different types of discussions. Some like talking about the severe aspects, others the wind, others the snow, etc... I am a winter weather man, so that is the part I'm interested in discussing. I've had that conversation on here in the past, but sort of get yelled at or mocked for even trying to have a separate thread for winter weather. Ah, well. I guess that's the way this board runs.

I was checking out webcams for up da U.P. and it looks like this system is even causing a lot of ugly slop up there too.

Each situation is different but in this case, we have a non-existent severe threat in this region, rains that don't look to get too out of hand, some snow and strong winds.  If this was a huge snowstorm with the thread moving a mile per minute, then splitting off a thread for snow might've made more sense. 

Each situation is different but in this case, we have a non-existent severe threat in this region, rains that don't look to get too out of hand, some snow and strong winds.  If this was a huge snowstorm with the thread moving a mile per minute, then splitting off a thread for snow might've made more sense. 

Thanks for the explanation, Hoosier.

qpf field looks displaced too far SE closer to the low track on the GFS et al

either way, we'll see a brief wet plaster. LOT probably goes with a WWA for the NW CWA before too long here

Eh we'll see. Not your typical setup to me, trowal like feature being enhanced well SW of the sfc low by secondary wave dropping in on the backside. 

Eh we'll see. Not your typical setup to me, trowal like feature being enhanced well SW of the sfc low by secondary wave dropping in on the backside. 

yeah, i'm not taking it to the bank clock or anything just a hunch (and i'm sure my bias against wrap around changeover events is playing in here)

hopefully we get some clarity with the next model cycle now that cyclogenesis is underway in ernest 

November barometric pressure records across the area.  Some of these most likely won't be in play but wanted to create a list that included many places to account for changes in track/strength

Untitled.png

Bumping this from the other day... it looks like most of these will be out of reach barring quicker strengthening than expected.  The records with a better chance of being approached or broken would appear to be toward the bottom of the list. 

yeah, i'm not taking it to the bank clock or anything just a hunch (and i'm sure my bias against wrap around changeover events is playing in here)

hopefully we get some clarity with the next model cycle now that cyclogenesis is underway in ernest 

Sfc low is on the southern end of guidance being at 992mb in central/eastern OK along I-40 and these p-falls would argue the eastern side of guidance IMO

Wrap around events don't seem to be very impressive in the Wisconsin/Michigan/Illinois part of the Great Lakes Region. When I lived in Western PA, they could get some of their best snows from them.

There was a nice one around the holidays a couple years ago though. If I recall, sort of a similar setup to this?

Wrap around events don't seem to be very impressive in the Wisconsin/Michigan/Illinois part of the Great Lakes Region. When I lived in Western PA, they could get some of their best snows from them.

There was a nice one around the holidays a couple years ago though. If I recall, sort of a similar setup to this?

i think the best analog to this has already been mentioned a few pages back.

As someone pointed out earlier...evening commute in LOT looks to be rather adversely effected tomorrow evening...

15Z JOT plumes for my neck of the woods with a 3 inch mean....

a 4 pack cluster around 1 inch...

a 6 pack cluster between 4 and 5 inches...

might have to up my thoughts on 2 inches in the air and 1 inch of accums locally here.....maybe double each category

Archived