joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 1/2 Coastal Chance?

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but in their AFD, this afternoon they wrote:  THEN AS THE POTENT CLOSED LOW ROUNDS THE BASE OF THE PARENT UPPER TROUGH...A STRONGER LOW SHOULD DEVELOP ALONG THE NORTH CAROLINA

COAST LATE DAY SAT INTO SAT EVENING...AND THEN HEAD NE...PASSING
OUTSIDE THE 40N/70W BENCHMARK LATE SAT NIGHT INTO SUNDAY. THE
CLOSED LOW SHOULD REMAIN A SEPARATE ENTITY FROM THE LARGER
TROUGH...AND THIS LACK OF PHASING SHOULD PRECLUDE THE AREA FROM
SEEING HEAVY PRECIP...SO ACTUALLY HAVE DECREASING POP DURING SAT
NIGHT. ENOUGH COLD AIR SHOULD STILL POUR IN BEHIND THE LOW TO
POSSIBLY CAUSE ANY LINGERING PRECIP TO MIX WITH OR CHANGE TO
SNOW...BUT WITH LITTLE TO NO ACCUMULATION. THE BIGGEST IMPACTS
FROM THIS SYSTEM WILL BE A SHOT OF COLD AND WIND FROM SAT NIGHT
INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK.

So we analyze, wait and see if we indeed see some snow flurries or snow showers.   :weenie: 

You should tell me more about that one event in November 2012 that this resembles :violin:

Your feeling fiesty my friend, adding more fuel to that fire! :lol: the WORST thing that can happen right now is if temporarily the models go more amped all of a sudden and show a brief "west trend". Back into the furnace we go :lol:

Well so much for any freeze either as temps have been going up the past few days for this weekend.

Looks like a long growing grass season in a very mild autumn thus far.

As of now NWS has a forcast low of 31 for western Nassau county Sunday night.. Im sure it will change but hope it doesn't cause allergies are killing me!!!!

What changed in the past year or so that has made the Euro so aggressive? Last winter it had nearly every low dumping 10-20"+ inches on us. A couple times it came true with its powerful systems shown. I know that it's "fantasy land" snow pack of 3'+ did end up being close to reality for many, however, in years past I remember it always being much more conservative. Although in reality no model "caves" to another, it did end up showing similar outcomes to the gfs at times, which was more conservative.

The title of this thread is Winter Storm Chance. Not wind and rain.

Considering that it was a winter storm chance, and that no one can officially declare it a complete non-event until it's over, it's a valid topic to create. What keeps it going is people commenting on it anyway, be it positive or negative. As an alternative, topics could be created such as "leaf blowing companies in NJ/NY" or "frequent mosquito bites in early AM as we approach winter", but they would be just as boring, if not even less entertaining and fun to follow ;)

Considering that it was a winter storm chance, and that no one can officially declare it a complete non-event until it's over, it's a valid topic to create. What keeps it going is people commenting on it anyway, be it positive or negative. As an alternative, topics could be created such as "leaf blowing companies in NJ/NY" or "frequent mosquito bites in early AM as we approach winter", but they would be just as boring, if not even less entertaining and fun to follow ;)

Winter Storm, its not a winter storm chance. If anything its stray flurries/snow showers. The weenies have taken over this blog.

Winter Storm, its not a winter storm chance. If anything its stray flurries/snow showers. The weenies have taken over this blog.

this threat is all but dead but for someone who has 28 posts and is a noob I would be careful being so definitive and condescending with your attitude in here. there is still that "outside chance" as anybody who has been around here knows the past several winter seasons. Like Yanks said parts are still moving, whether it becomes more or less favorable who knows, we are here to discuss a WINTER STORM CHANCE not a guarantee. Also we can learn something here as well for the future :pimp:

this threat is all but dead but for someone who has 28 posts and is a noob I would be careful being so definitive and condescending with your attitude in here. there is still that "outside chance" as anybody who has been around here knows the past several winter seasons. Like Yanks said parts are still moving, whether it becomes more or less favorable who knows, we are here to discuss a WINTER STORM CHANCE not a guarantee. Also we can learn something here as well for the future :pimp:

Lol hes not a "noob"

Archived