• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 1/2 Coastal Chance?

Zelocita Weather

There only REAL problem I see with this setup is the leading shortwave that shifts the baroclinic zone too far east for the main (stronger wave) to intensify closer to the coast.

My concerns with the GFS begin around hr 62. I would really expect cyclogenesis to occur right around OBX and for the system to rapidly intensify. The far superior upper level dynamics associated with the trailing wave should cause it to predominate the leading wave sooner, resulting in less of a shift east of the baroclinic zone.

I have to believe the Euro's superior resolution will help it to seek out the location of best dynamics while the two systems are temporarilly competing at a very critical stage...

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There only REAL problem I see with this setup is the leading shortwave that shifts the baroclinic zone too far east for the main (stronger wave) to intensify closer to the coast.

My concerns with the GFS begin around hr 62. I would really expect cyclogenesis to occur right around OBX and for the system to rapidly intensify. The far superior upper level dynamics associated with the trailing wave should cause it to predominate the leading wave sooner, resulting in less of a shift east of the baroclinic zone.

I have to believe the Euro's superior resolution will help it to seek out the location of best dynamics while the two systems are temporarilly competing at a very critical stage...

One of the best posts here today, EURO has been fairly steadfast with this system, ensembles though seem to have not honed in a solution yet as the spread remains quite notable

What a weenie comment at 72+ hours out.

You ..... Surface low near Wilmington, NC hour 72. Initial development gives this no chance of turning the corner. I think we're starting to get a concensus.

Isn`t that the same thing ? 

You ..... Surface low near Wilmington, NC hour 72. Initial development gives this no chance of turning the corner. I think we're starting to get a concensus.

Isn`t that the same thing ? 

I've seen too many dramatic shifts inside of 48 hours the last few years to declare anything over this far out. Things are not trending well but we still have a few more cycles to see if things can shift around some. For one, our southern stream feature is just coming onshore now.

wv.jpg

I've seen too many dramatic shifts inside of 48 hours the last few years to declare anything over this far out. Things are not trending well but we still have a few more cycles to see if things can shift around some. For one, our southern stream feature is just coming onshore now.

wv.jpg

That`s fine. but you call him a weenie for saying "  it`s done "  3 minutes after you said  "Initial development gives this no chance of turning the corner. I think we're starting to get a concensus."  which really meant the same thing to me . 

There`s prob a day to correct , but the max in mind is seeing some flakes at the end at the coast . 

That`s fine. but you call him a weenie for saying "  it`s done "  3 minutes after you said  "Initial development gives this no chance of turning the corner. I think we're starting to get a concensus."  which really meant the same thing to me . 

There`s prob a day to correct , but the max in mind is seeing some flakes at the end at the coast . 

That what we are probably going to see. Mostly rain here with a few flakes mixed in towards the end which is fine by me since it's only the start of November. We will have more chances soon.

I'm still not 100% sold on that initial development occuring. And if it does occur, my money is on the 500mb low over powering whatever develops out ahead of everything else. Furthermore, seeing the GGEM go crazy with the first wave gives me even more confidence that it's a bogus solution. Seems to me like a classic case of wave interference where the globals are struggling mightily on where the foucus should be. I could certainly be wrong, but a met made a similar comment here a few hours back.

My concerns with the GFS begin around hr 62. I would really expect cyclogenesis to occur right around OBX and for the system to rapidly intensify. The far superior upper level dynamics associated with the trailing wave should cause it to predominate the leading wave sooner, resulting in less of a shift east of the baroclinic zone.

Ridge axis is to far east. Trough pushing into west coast causes this ridge axis to move to far east which makes everything get shunted to far east.  Ridge axis needs to be further west and the trough pushing into the west needs to slow down in order to have the low pressure along the east coast come closer up the coast.. Without that IMHO      ..nothing to look at!

Archived