Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Odile

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cabo is fortunate the eyewall replacement cycle didn't fully complete six hours ago.  It's bad enough as is.

Agreed, Andrew had about the same pressure, however microwave shows the new eyewall maybe more intact than the IR would indicate.

Edit: IR extrap shows the center and inner eyewall will probably make landfall. If it doesn't it will be within 3 miles.

10:10. Sounds of trains going by, with whistling, Ears hurt from pressure. Large, thick plate-glass window just exploded-- didn't break, exploded. Interior walls vibrating. One of the worst cyclone I've ever been in. Frightening.

This coming from someone who got crushed by one of the strongest TCs on record last year is ugly for Cabo San Lucas and the rest of the urban corridor there (San Jose del Cabo/etc.).

Like Jova ramped up two notches.

10:10. Sounds of trains going by, with whistling, Ears hurt from pressure. Large, thick plate-glass window just exploded-- didn't break, exploded. Interior walls vibrating. One of the worst cyclone I've ever been in. Frightening.

And this is coming from a guy that intercepted Yolanda last year. The description sounds like more like a direct tornado strike.  :o

Odile is a good example of the difference between a strengthening/organizing system at landfall verses a weakening one. Based on Josh's description it sounds like winds are easily mixing down where they may not necessarily have done so earlier today during the ERC. I hope they're measuring pressure!

Agree. Frictional effects from land are tightening up the inner core and outer eyewall right at landfall. This is so different from the stronger but steady-state Haiyan last year.

Archived