joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2014 Banter

snowfan

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At random...helluva run from the Os since the All-star break. Nasty, nasty schedule and they have been playing great.vis 

Pitching. They have a great defense and the pitchers have been doing a good job keeping hit balls in play. Dont have a lot of big strikeout guys so that has to continue. Need Davis to find some semblance of consistency at the plate and maybe get a little hot streak going. A Nelson Cruz reappearance would also be nice. 

This is interesting.  I just looked at Dominion VA's new daily energy usage stats.  They put the energy usage and the daily temps up.  I checked, and for my house they use IAD's actuals.  I wonder if that is the case for everyone in northern VA, or if as you get closer to National they will use DCA's stats.

post-1746-0-75391400-1407356984_thumb.jp

Classy as always.

My bad for wishing for a place that wasn't quite so nasty all the time.

Carry on in the usual bitterness all.

You know how I roll

For reals tho, you set the response up perfectly. PS. Only Mattie G said baseball sucks, so hate on him

I didn't really want to hate on anyone, just thought it might be okay to note in banter that the Os were playing well. 

There is lots of stuff in banter that I don't care about, but certainly have the common courtesy and respect for fellow members not to hop in and complain that gardening talk or fishing talk or guitar talk or whatever is boring or what not. Maybe it's cool to let people have a discussion (or not).

In any event, the Os lost, so I will not say anything about them for a long time as I am clearly a jinx.

I didn't really want to hate on anyone, just thought it might be okay to note in banter that the Os were playing well.

There is lots of stuff in banter that I don't care about, but certainly have the common courtesy and respect for fellow members not to hop in and complain that gardening talk or fishing talk or guitar talk or whatever is boring or what not. Maybe it's cool to let people have a discussion (or not).

In any event, the Os lost, so I will not say anything about them for a long time as I am clearly a jinx.

They've been playing well. While I could give a crap less about baseball, would be cool to see a local team do well!

I intelligently engaged in the baseball banter. You should have ignored the pissy posts and responded to mine ;) And yeah, you did jinx em. Any thoughts on the Ravens preseason opener tonight?

I intelligently engaged in the baseball banter. You should have ignored the pissy posts and responded to mine ;) And yeah, you did jinx em. Any thoughts on the Ravens preseason opener tonight?

yeah, I should have responded to yours. My bad. I am a double whammy as that further messed up the karma.

And here is where I confess as to the NFL...I grew up in Cincinnati and remain a lifelong Bengals fan. I am also a Reds fan, but have adpoted the Orioles too. As for the Ravens, no such adoption - being division rivals makes that impossible for me.

All that said, I suspect a more focused Ravens team from the jump this year than last year which screamed of Super Bowl hangover throughout.

yeah, I should have responded to yours. My bad. I am a double whammy as that further messed up the karma.

And here is where I confess as to the NFL...I grew up in Cincinnati and remain a lifelong Bengals fan. I am also a Reds fan, but have adpoted the Orioles too. As for the Ravens, no such adoption - being division rivals makes that impossible for me.

All that said, I suspect a more focused Ravens team from the jump this year than last year which screamed of Super Bowl hangover throughout.

How about that Andy Dalton contract. Wow. From what I have read it seems they structured it wisely. But just reading the headline, its like WHAT?

I was chatting with someone about the nice summer weather and he said, it must be payback, we deserve it! I was like oh yeah definitely, we've had some horrible summers..........................he meant last winter. 

Of course.  :axe:

I said I love snow so I thought it was awesome and he looked at me like I had three heads.

How about that Andy Dalton contract. Wow. From what I have read it seems they structured it wisely. But just reading the headline, its like WHAT?

I def don't want to bore people in here with Bengals talk, but yes, the headline was not in line with reality. It is, in essence, a two-year extension for $25 million. The team has plenty of outs without incurring dead money against the cap if it chooses to cut ties at some point.

Hey man, (lifts hands back off the computer in defensive position) I'm just saying...after last season people are still asking if he is elite. If you have to ask...you usually aren't...and best postseason of any QB ever? I know he had a great Super Bowl statistically, but tell me you didn't say that with a straight face :P

RGIII will be fine if he does more selective running. I'm less worried about him and more worried about the defense. Why am I not at this game tonight?

11 TDS  0 INTS in that super bowl run. Only other QB that had a postseason like that is Joe Montana.

Haha I will forever be known on this board as a Flacco hater. I'm not, but his run while very impressive, isn't quite unique. 

Simms (86-87), Montana (89-90 of course), Aikman (92-93), Young (94-95), F Tom Brady, Brees 09-10, and Flacco all went through the playoffs with more than 5 TDs and no picks.

I personally think that the Brees run is most impressive, not just because of the weight of history on his shoulders, but also because of the quarterbacks he faced. His completion percentage was also absurd--most of the qbs I mentioned had a much higher playoff completion % than Flacco. 

This is a different conversation, but if we were ranking NFL qb's where would you rank Flacco? Would you take him over RGIII?

Lets see RG III stay healthy for a season or 2. And he needs to stop paling around with the (tool) owner. Talented, no doubt. Flacco, like most pocket passers is fine when he has time and targets. He does have one of the strongest arms in the league. Never had a great coordinator or played in an offensive system that was anything but vanilla and predictable. I think his consistency (and mechanics) will be much improved in Kubiak's offense. He is a top 10 QB.

Hey man, (lifts hands back off the computer in defensive position) I'm just saying...after last season people are still asking if he is elite. If you have to ask...you usually aren't...and best postseason of any QB ever? I know he had a great Super Bowl statistically, but tell me you didn't say that with a straight face :P

RGIII will be fine if he does more selective running. I'm less worried about him and more worried about the defense. Why am I not at this game tonight?

11 TDS  0 INTS in that super bowl run. Only other QB that had a postseason like that is Joe Montana.

Correct and if you read any press or experts almost all agree that his postseason was better then Montana's.

Archived