• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Arthur

The center that is embedded in the convection is doing a bit of fujiwara'ing attm. A ship report in the convection about an hour ago reported 1002mb and 41mph sustained out of the SSW.

This is what I am watching... that mesovorticies on the southeastern side of the center could become the dominant center if they continue to hold together. Given that pressure reading its certainly possible the llc could reform southeast later today, especially given the intensity of theconvection.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The center that is embedded in the convection is doing a bit of fujiwara'ing attm. A ship report in the convection about an hour ago reported 1002mb and 41mph sustained out of the SSW.

Very interesting to see if this can become the dominate center. A 1002mb pressure is quite a drop from the 1014 we had yesterday.

Surface water temps seem jet fuel like from S fl over to Bahamas, if it redevelops under Grand Bahama we could have something Go POP, other than that....could anything above a 80mph cane near Carolina's be supported? (not saying that is not a significant storm).

it's circulation looks much to big to ramp up that quickly anyway..like a smaller more compact circulation could, 

excuse my ignorance but  could the circulation shrink considerably this pm and tighten up more compact

HDOB issue has been fixed, it was a comms issue at NHC itself it seems. Also, Gonzo is up dropping sondes off the SC coast.

HDOB's have been put into the tropical atlantic (google earth) system. Where that 61kt FL wind was, there was a 49kt SFMR reading (SE quad)

12z ECMWF is slower and slight further west than 00z... also much stronger, with a 970 hPa TC Friday Morning just offshore of NC.

The good news for further north is that euro kicks out further east in time to really salvage Fri in the Northeast...nothing like the GFS solution which was strangely trying to phase Arthur into the trough and take it further west...I think the euro has a better handle on this getting booted east by the trough at least initially.

The good news for further north is that euro kicks out further east in time to really salvage Fri in the Northeast...nothing like the GFS solution which was strangely trying to phase Arthur into the trough and take it further west...I think the euro has a better handle on this getting booted east by the trough at least initially.

I was just posting how the global models are generally useless with tropical systems, the Euro is the best of the bunch and even it is often not all that good...I need to see some sort of shift west on the tropical clusters to buy the 12Z GFS/NavGEM.

Yea... the GFS track would be suggestive of a PRE that could be a heavy rainfall maker for a lot of the northeast... the ECMWF is too far offshore for any significant precip. I'd place my bets mre on the ECMWF camp since the GFS only recently realized there was going to be a TC off the Florida coastline.

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2014070112/gfs_z850_vort_seus_comp24.html

Yea... the GFS track would be suggestive of a PRE that could be a heavy rainfall maker for a lot of the northeast... the ECMWF is too far offshore for any significant precip. I'd place my bets mre on the ECMWF camp since the GFS only recently realized there was going to be a TC off the Florida coastline.

Indeed it did.

The latest recon pass indicates clear evidence that the center is relocated under the deeper convection. This is a very good sign for the system as the shear has decreased and now that the center is relocating under the mid-level vortex it should have a much easier time intensifying. Look for a more bullish NHC forecast at 5pm.

The latest recon pass indicates clear evidence that the center is relocated under the deeper convection. This is a very good sign for the system as the shear has decreased and now that the center is relocating under the mid-level vortex it should have a much easier time intensifying. Look for a more bullish NHC forecast at 5pm.

Radar agrees with this. If that new center is down to the surface then it's organizing fast.

Archived