• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 4th Weather

SACRUS

how late could i get there and still get a good spot for the fireworks in your opinion?

You will be able to see the fireworks from almost anywhere in liberty state park. They are expecting 100,000 people but there should be room. The only thing is the police will stop letting cars in once the park is full. From what I'm told, no later than noon but I'm sure the morning rains will keep the crowds away for awhile.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will be able to see the fireworks from almost anywhere in liberty state park. They are expecting 100,000 people but there should be room. The only thing is the police will stop letting cars in once the park is full. From what I'm told, no later than noon but I'm sure the morning rains will keep the crowds away for awhile.

will be taking the light rail down from hoboken... think i'll be able to get in after 5?

Absolutely. If you are familiar with the area, get off the stop before liberty state park which is jersey avenue and walk over the pedestrian bridge into the park. Less volume that way.

i'm in jersey city all the time. trying to balance a friend's bbq and fireworks... hoping the rain lasts until early evening so i'm less swamped with people

I still expect the brunt of rain and any storms is done by the afternoon and anything after 2-3pm (nj - nyc) is scattered and light.  Id also think rapid clearing and drying out by sunset on the 4th. 

Strongly agree. The dry air west of this will come in quickly and clear things up once the rain stops. The storm will also be moving quickly once at this latitude.

Might end up being dry tomorrow atleast that's the way it looks on radar. Of course all the storms tonight fell apart as the moved east across the city and doesn't seem to be much to the west or south of us...

Might end up being dry tomorrow atleast that's the way it looks on radar. Of course all the storms tonight fell apart as the moved east across the city and doesn't seem to be much to the west or south of us...

I still think we're mostly dry/rain free by 12/1pm.  And anything after that is scattered.  Id exect it to dry out and clear quickly by nightfall.  Temps falling to low 60s.

I still think most of the NYC Metro region will start to clear out by around 4-5 pm with the exception of LI which may take a few hours longer. 

I just hope that the fireworks will be going on tonight. The rainfall bands are starting to converge right now. Near Tropical Storm Force winds are expected in the next few hours or so. 

Rain bands down here overnight have been eaten away this morning thanks to dry air wrapping around the western side. Seems like all of the heaviest rains are in the convergence zone between the front and Arthur. SPC WRF nailed this. Some areas today will receive many inches.

I'm in the catskills in the deformation band for 12 hours under the firehose it's 60-70 miles wife but glued to sullivan county ,it's been raining at various rates since 10 pm last night it's inching east southeast very slowly, front is pretty much stalled over us and will only make slow progress as the hurricane moves east. The dry air in between is getting attacked from the southeast and northwest.

Mt Holly said in their disco this morning that the band would rain itself out eventually ...but still, that's impressive

I'm in the catskills in the deformation band for 12 hours under the firehose it's 60-70 miles wife but glued to sullivan county ,it's been raining at various rates since 10 pm last night it's inching east southeast very slowly, front is pretty much stalled over us and will only make slow progress as the hurricane moves east. The dry air in between is getting attacked from the southeast and northwest.

Archived