12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
June 28-July 1 Severe Threat

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting juicy here with nearly full sun.  Up to 82/71.  Mid and even some upper 70 dews just to the south are poised to blast north as surface flow picks up this afternoon.  Looking like a high wind event for much of the QCA.  I thought about heading to Iowa earlier, but the early evolution into a complex looks to have won out.  As others have pointed out we could see some sups fire along that retreating boundary that will lift back north later today. 

Both the NMMB and ARW show dual MCS potential, which you many times see on days like this. (Ala 8/23/07, 8/4/08, 6/18/10, etc)

Yeah the band of tstorms sticking out behind the main line looks somewhat similar to what happened on 6/18/10. On that day the trailing band of storms separated and evolved into another MCS as you know.

Today:

ww0373_radar.gif

6/18/10:

ww0342_radar.gif

Just a quick question, are those chasing going after supercell/tornado development, or just lining up for the MCS?

I'm focusing on south-central and southeast Iowa for at least a few rogue supercells. I don't think I'd want to intercept a derecho, especially at night.

"

Wind profilesindicate a nearly unidirectional wind profile,"

Whaaaaaat?  lol

Yeah I'm not sure what he meant.  There's not a ton of turning above the lowest 2 km or so but it's pretty decent overall, especially in areas that have that SE flow at the sfc.

Archived