Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Predicted snow total and events for 2014-15 IMBY

Deck Pic

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really think DCA will do that well?

They measured less than 40" last winter. I'm 10 miles northwest of them and measured 51".

Maybe this year will be more even with distribution. I really have no idea.

Honestly though, above average snow with cold temps two years in a row would be pretty rad. Assuming we have slightly above average snow, it would probably be more like this:

IMBY: 35"

BWI: 30"

IAD: 40"

DCA: 25"

Maybe this year will be more even with distribution. I really have no idea.

Honestly though, above average snow with cold temps two years in a row would be pretty rad. Assuming we have slightly above average snow, it would probably be more like this:

IMBY: 35"

BWI: 30"

IAD: 40"

DCA: 25"

When do we ever have slightly above average snow? It's always either over 60" or below 5". We thought this winter would finally be an above average winter without being insane, but it ended on an insane note.

If we get any type of active southern stream, I think you might be able to double those numbers.

The forecasted nino is still totally in the crapper. I'm not betting on anything until things become more clear. Weak nino's are totally mixed looking back.

Active ss could also mean rainy more than snowy. We've been there twice in the last 10 years. 07 was saved late. I don't remember what 04-05 was in these parts other than warm.

Speculating is what we do but there really isn't anything special to speculate about. We'll know more come oct-nov.

The forecasted nino is still totally in the crapper. I'm not betting on anything until things become more clear. Weak nino's are totally mixed looking back.

Active ss could also mean rainy more than snowy. We've been there twice in the last 10 years. 07 was saved late. I don't remember what 04-05 was in these parts other than warm.

Speculating is what we do but there really isn't anything special to speculate about. We'll know more come oct-nov.

I'm starting to see a possibility of a Modoki development.

I'm starting to see a possibility of a Modoki development.

That's what we're all hoping for but this is where we are and a whole lotta stuff needs to happen. My technical analysis is the pretty oranges near the SA coast need to switch places with the hideous blues near the dateline with the quickness. Nobody predicted the current state at this point in time so going forward it needs to actually happen. We can't talk our way into it. 

post-2035-0-76363500-1408394423_thumb.jp

That's what we're all hoping for but this is where we are and a whole lotta stuff needs to happen. My technical analysis is the pretty oranges near the SA coast need to switch places with the hideous blues near the dateline with the quickness. Nobody predicted the current state at this point in time so going forward it needs to actually happen. We can't talk our way into it. 

The problem is getting the good stuff to come up.wkxzteq_anm.gif

If we get any type of active southern stream, I think you might be able to double those numbers.

No way it'll happen two years in a row. Of course, we would be getting there in a different way than last year, but I simply can't see it happening unless we get a lot of rain with a lot of snow thrown in.

Both storms in late February 2005 underachieved. Pretty sure they were both true Miller A's that just didn't come together the way they looked they were going to as close as 12 hours before hey started. Both could've have easily been MECS only 4 days apart.

Archived