SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NNE Spring

mreaves

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only got down to 41° before the fog rolled in.  Pretty much stayed dry around here until I was getting ready to do some yard work after dinner, then the sheet drizzle moved in :axe: .  Only lasted for a few minutes though so I was able to get out but the grass was soaked.

No fog (it stayed along the Sandy River) and solid frost, low was 28 - latest for 28-or-below since 2004.  Looks to be a lovely day.

A lovely day indeed! Low of 38.5°F here at home. Looks like another below normal month here, unless there's a torch in the next two days. Unlikely.

From the weather cam:

post-2106-0-64757700-1401373617_thumb.jp

A lovely day indeed! Low of 38.5°F here at home. Looks like another below normal month here, unless there's a torch in the next two days. Unlikely.

Looks like my place will finish somewhere very close to my avg for May, 0.0 to -0.2 is my guess.  Mean was +0.4 thru yesterday, should be about +0.1 after today (estimating 66/28.)   Pure sun here in AUG, but there's been a bank of high cloud on the south horizon since mid-morn.

I'm still waiting for Lava Hill to score a foot of wet snow from some marginal event while PWM/Bath get 2-3" of slop.  That elevation will kick in someday.  :lmao:

Thanks Coventry, I didn’t see it at first, but then I found that most recent post from Monday; very helpful.  I also see now that people have provided some updates in the TFT Memorial Day Thread; it looks like the Ravines Cam was in its regular position at that point, because someone there posted a capture in that thread:

Someone has rotated the Ravines Cam back toward the north so that the main snowfields are visible again.  Looking back at images I’ve got from the past several seasons, snow coverage seems fairly average for this time of year with those three large snowfields and numerous smaller ones:

30MAY14A.jpg

Warm night west of the mountains...15-20 degrees colder last night east of the Spine where it decoupled while the CPV stayed with southerly winds and never fell off.

Lows:

BTV 71F

MVL 54F

MPV 52F

It was pretty sweet waking up to that 71!

MVL 85F

MPV 82F

SLK 84F

You think the 91F at FSO/Highgate, VT is legit?

Sometimes that Highgate site seems abnormally warm. I'd say its false.

It was pretty sweet waking up to that 71!

Sometimes that Highgate site seems abnormally warm. I'd say its false.

Lol yeah I found the BTV disco in the main thread. I used to hate that in the mid summer when I lived on college street down by City Market. I had a therm outside there that would have mins of like 82F during heatwaves. Days of like 93/82, 91/79 god it was awful. lol.

Good to know about FSO. Don't follow that one much.

Archived