joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Spring

mreaves

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey-  how is your blue atlas cedar doing?  Any signs of new growth yet?  I'm totally getting one if yours made it through the winter.

You were right it died!  It had a NW exposure and became brownish.  We pulled it towards the end of May.  We had bought it at the nursery at Exit 23 off 93.  We told them what had happened and they said we should have waited longer to see if new growth appeared. Loved that tree but its history!!

At least your misery mist is here.

Well the better qpf kind of backfilled and made it down here around 6pm.  Echoes seem to intensify and train over me for a few hours. Picked up .52" as of 11pm, still raining but lighter.  After last nights .32"  I'm doing very well considering areas just south and east have had much less.  We will see what happens in the next 36 hours but this evening was a nice bonus for the gardens and lawn.

Tomorrow may be our annual June high in the 50s. Since I moved here I've had at least 1 every June.

It would be my 3rd - 57,58 on 4th,5th - and with 47 such days in 16 yr, would put 2014 right on my avg.  Only 1999 escaped without a 50s high, and 2002 had 5 of them (and 6/1/2004 topped out at 49, my only sub-50 max in June.)

0.46" thru 7 AM, more than doubling the June total.  With what's expected later today and tonight, the garden should be in good shape to respond to next week's warmup.

ps.  Glad to see you back, Allenson.  I missed your reports last winter (aside from KevInMA's table), especially since our locations usually track closely for snowpack, even as you get 10-20% more snowfall.

It would be my 3rd - 57,58 on 4th,5th - and with 47 such days in 16 yr, would put 2014 right on my avg.  Only 1999 escaped without a 50s high, and 2002 had 5 of them (and 6/1/2004 topped out at 49, my only sub-50 max in June.)

0.46" thru 7 AM, more than doubling the June total.  With what's expected later today and tonight, the garden should be in good shape to respond to next week's warmup.

ps.  Glad to see you back, Allenson.  I missed your reports last winter (aside from KevInMA's table), especially since our locations usually track closely for snowpack, even as you get 10-20% more snowfall.

Up to 59F here...I'm not sure we can hold 60F off.

June 50s here:

07 1

08 1

09 1

10 1

11 3

12 4

13 2

So I guess that's 13 in 7 years. Most are in the 1st 10 days of the month so if we don't make it today I doubt we do the rest of the month unless we manage some kind of 7/4/92 disaster.

56.4F  light rain and drizzle. Wind NE 13 gusting 20mph.  .82" since rain started last eve at 6pm and .32" from first batch of rain before that.   Looks like it will be over a 2" event here.

Only 0.05" so far today and 0.13" yesterday here. 58.4F with the -RADZ like you.

56.4F  light rain and drizzle. Wind NE 13 gusting 20mph.  .82" since rain started last eve at 6pm and .32" from first batch of rain before that.   Looks like it will be over a 2" event here.

Good widespread rain event

Here are the CoCoRAHS reports greater than 1.25" in the past two days...we'll certainly get over 2" in Stowe it appears.  Up near Jay Peak, Westfield was already over 2" this morning and it looked to be raining quite hard up there...they'll do pretty well but that's a pretty wet spot in general.

Up to 59F here...I'm not sure we can hold 60F off.

June 50s here:

07 1

08 1

09 1

10 1

11 3

12 4

13 2

So I guess that's 13 in 7 years. Most are in the 1st 10 days of the month so if we don't make it today I doubt we do the rest of the month unless we manage some kind of 7/4/92 disaster.

I've had 20 for those 7 years, and just noted that 2011 had 5 such days, like 2002.  Every June day through the 19th has had sub-60 highs in my 16 years record, plus 56/55 on 6/25-26/2011.

Mod-heavy rain here in AUG the past half hour or so, no puddles in the grass yet.  Some 30-40 dbz colors still upstream.  I'm guessing today/tonight adds another inch, more or less, added to the 0.46 I reported this morning.  Just about right - now if it would skedaddle before too much of tomorrow is wasted...

Hopefully no awful duck rash on the lake this year unlike last year with water temps near 80  fostering that crap. Too bad Loons can't kill them all.

Sadly, it's an annual occurrence on many lakes around here even if the water temps are much cooler. I haven't touched the water in any lake since we got a pool in 1990.

Looks like the high today will be 59.2F so we pulled it off. That's June 2014 weather excitement right there...

56/50 yesterday, so my June quota is filled, no more sub-60s need apply.  :lmao:

Storm total 1.86", with about 1.4" coming noon-11 PM yesterday.  Saw numerous 3"+ reports from the midcoast area.

56/50 yesterday, so my June quota is filled, no more sub-60s need apply.  :lmao:

Storm total 1.86", with about 1.4" coming noon-11 PM yesterday.  Saw numerous 3"+ reports from the midcoast area.

Power just came back, after 14 hours without. Total rainfall yesterday here in Bath was 3.30", a good slug of it from 5 pm to 9 pm. Quite a bit of flooding here on the peninsula. High temp yesterday was 57°F.

Nice drink of water the past few days... ended up with 2.23" at the 0.2sw Stowe station.

10471038_672409982830906_198333951821287

Thanks for posting PF; I figured you might put something up after that multi-day deluge.  That’s the kind of liquid equivalent (and duration) I like to see in a winter storm cycle, because you know it will have put down a solid resurfacing of the slopes.  You can certainly see the precipitation pattern highlighting the spine of the Northern Greens as it bends to the Northeast.  They’ve got the 2.03” reported from our site at the southern end of that 2”+ area.

I feel for anyone that had outdoor plans the past couple of days, because they weren’t showery sort of storm days, they were some solid, steady rainers.  But, it looks like we’re rewarded with quite an afternoon based on our graphical point and click forecast: 

14JUN14A.jpg

I had stopped in the Summer Discussion thread in the Southeast States forum to get a sense for what the temperatures were down there, and when I saw the discussion about 90s and even hitting 100 F in the hotter areas, it makes one appreciate not having to deal with that.

Thanks for posting PF; I figured you might put something up after that multi-day deluge. That’s the kind of liquid equivalent (and duration) I like to see in a winter storm cycle, because you know it will have put down a solid resurfacing of the slopes. You can certainly see the precipitation pattern highlighting the spine of the Northern Greens as it bends to the Northeast. They’ve got the 2.03” reported from our site at the southern end of that 2”+ area.

Well BTV makes such nice graphics after events, it's almost a shame not to share them here, haha. They continue to have a great presence on social media, with maps like that which you wouldn't find normally on their website.

I'm not a fan of rainy days, but it is nice to have a good soaking to being up River levels and give the vegetation some added pop. If it's going to be cloudy and raining it might as well do it significantly...rather than like 0.17" per day on persistent drizzle and light showers and fog.

Archived