Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Saint Patrick's Day Snow Event

stormtracker

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what the mini panic is about....NAM is fine at 54...probably where we want it

Not to mention, we've been through this drill before, as in less than two weeks ago. Meanwhile the ECMWF has been fairly rock steady with this event of late, with the EC ensembles leading the way. I would be concerned with the dry air knocking on the door just to our north. That's what happens on the tail end of the PV with all that confluence. However correct me if I'm wrong, but even the folks north made out well in the last event (i.e. got "Fredericked/Westminstered"). It is a fine line latitudinally speaking, but in the end, again I think DC and points w-e will do fine. Areas toward the M/D line certainly colder but this time likely too dry (we'll see about that...see last event), while I would expect mixing issues in the max QPF axis farther south.

Not to mention, we've been through this drill before, as in less than two weeks ago. Meanwhile the ECMWF has been fairly rock steady with this event of late, with the EC ensembles leading the way. I would be concerned with the dry air knocking on the door just to our north. That's what happens on the tail end of the PV with all that confluence. However correct me if I'm wrong, but even the folks north made out well in the last event (i.e. got "Fredericked/Westminstered"). It is a fine line latitudinally speaking, but in the end, again I think DC and points w-e will do fine. Areas toward the M/D line certainly colder but this time likely too dry (we'll see about that...see last event), while I would expect mixing issues in the max QPF axis farther south.

It's tough to compare this to 3/1. Much better setup precip wise. The slug comes from the lower ms valley and the extreme cold dry Pac man wont stand much of a chance in the heaviest axis. This is a good storm setup any winter month

Archived