Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Saint Patrick's Day Snow Event

stormtracker

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you get that text output? I usually wait around for Cobb.

http://www.ready.noaa.gov/READYcmet.php

go to this site, pick ur location (just use the lat/long) box, then click CONTINUE

where you see "METEOROGRAM" drop box, click on the 84 hr. NAM model, the click on "GO"

it will then tell you the current model or you can choose a previous run, then click "NEXT"

Fill in the letter code down at the bottom and click "GET METEOROGRAM"

http://www.ready.noaa.gov/READYcmet.php

go to this site, pick ur location (just use the lat/long) box, then click CONTINUE

where you see "METEOROGRAM" drop box, click on the 84 hr. NAM model, the click on "GO"

it will then tell you the current model or you can choose a previous run, then click "NEXT"

Fill in the letter code down at the bottom and click "GET METEOROGRAM"

Excellent. Thank you. All you MBY people, now you can check exactly what will be in YBY to the hundredth of a degree of latitude or longitude for NAM or GFS.

MBY only allows me to pick the GFS... I do not have an option for the NAM

Use latitude and longitude. The Glen Arm Post Office is at 39.45, -76.49. I was able to see both the NAM and GFS for that location.

If you are using the new Google Maps, it's easy to get your exact lat and long. First, find your exact address. Then, right click on the map placeholder when you get your address on Google Maps, click "What's here?" and it will give you the lat and long at the top left under the search bar.

Canadian will be out in a bit....I wouldnt sweat the GFS...it is pretty much as I expected

not that I trust the GFS, if there is something to screw us with this, it will be suppression so for anyone paranoid about suppression, stay away from the medicine cabinet thru Monday evening

why would you ignore the gfs and not the NAM?

I'm not giving the NAM too much credence, but now that it has the right idea, it is going to better at QPF with its resolution even if too wet and too north at the moment...before it was obvious the NAM was completely out to lunch as it often is at that range, and there was no reason to even acknowledge it....This setup is not a good one for the GFS....I dont want to say it isnt a good model...it is...this is just not its forte..I dont care what it does...we have a number of other hi-res models...the GFS is out of its league when it comes to this set up at this point in time....I care way more about the Canadian and of course euro....

I'm not giving the NAM too much credence, but now that it has the right idea, it is going to better at QPF with its resolution even if too wet and too north at the moment...before it was obvious the NAM was completely out to lunch as it often is at that range, and there was no reason to even acknowledge it....This setup is not a good one for the GFS....I dont want to say it isnt a good model...it is...this is just not its forte..I dont care what it does...we have a number of other hi-res models...the GFS is out of its league when it comes to this set up at this point in time....I care way more about the Canadian and of course euro....

I dont think the GFS is a good model for this kind of storm but the NAM at 48-60 is still outside its accuarte range. I have seen the NAM do dramatic flips 24-30 hours out. It dosent matter anyway.....the NAM and GFS are kids playing waiting for DAD(Euro) to get home

I dont think the GFS is a good model for this kind of storm but the NAM at 48-60 is still outside its accuarte range. I have seen the NAM do dramatic flips 24-30 hours out. It dosent matter anyway.....the NAM and GFS are kids playing waiting for DAD(Euro) to get home

well I hope he has a girlfriend with the Canadian!

GFS was really horrendous with this system until yesterday I believe

I dont think we have to add a caveat every time we talk about the models....about how awesome they are and amazing....

yes..models are incredible...I am awestruck by them....and I am looking forward to the GFS upgrades coming soon..As DTK and maybe a couple others mentioned, they have really compensated well for having much less money than the ECMWF...to perform as well as it does with such an inherent disadvantage is a credit to the guys at NCEP....now that that is out of the way

It doesnt matter what the GFS says...it could be right...it could be wrong...I suspect it is too dry....but at this point it is more about trying to make the best forecast we can, and a best forecast at this point in time with this particular system won't incorporate the GFS very much other than as a cautionary flag.....which is why I said before the run, I didnt care what it showed..

not that I trust the GFS, if there is something to screw us with this, it will be suppression so for anyone paranoid about suppression, stay away from the medicine cabinet thru Monday evening

Raises hand

I don't have to be paranoid about suppression, it has been happening all day long. If this doesn't stop soon, suppression is going to bring depression to many here. I'd like to see one model run tonight not go south.

MDstorm

I think you have to give the GGEM/RGEM a fair amount of respect at this point....yes...the GGEM Is not really a mid-long range model, but it has done well this winter..especially with 2/13 and it owned 3/3 at the end....curious to see it shortly

sadly, the NAM is too high

I think we probably max at .75", though I certainly wish for the NAM to be right, whether by accident or skill

if the NAM has one strength...its miller A storms. It did very well with the Feb 12-13. I had a foot of snow when i woke up

Archived