SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
3/12 T-Storm/Wind Event Obs.

JoshM

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dntjr caught that little cell in North Mecklenburg. I doubt dime-sized hail, though.

<Seen a lot of stuff... but, never seen hail larger than a penny - or a tornado.

Winds ripping out here! Gusts over 40 still! Jim, were you not around 3 or 4 years ago? It's very vague, but it was definitely a Sun, I'm thinking April . I was at work on Pelham rd, and we had golf ball sized hail. I still have dings/dimples in my truck, and save them as a momento! It was biggest I've seen in person!

Winds ripping out here! Gusts over 40 still! Jim, were you not around 3 or 4 years ago? It's very vague, but it was definitely a Sun, I'm thinking April . I was at work on Pelham rd, and we had golf ball sized hail. I still have dings/dimples in my truck, and save them as a momento! It was biggest I've seen in person!

Saturday April 9th, 2011

Not sure.  I moved to Greenville (uptown Airport) about that time frame.  I

remember some big storms uprooting trees around the community lake first two

years.  Remember some wild storms right off Haywood Road.. lots of lightning

and hail.  Seemed unusual (my mind) from my recent move from Charlotte.

My new wife from the UK... loved this!  They don't get this sort of weather often.

Thinking back... I do remember worrying about our cars once!  Might have been

the storm your talking about.  Greenville seems 1000 miles away from Charlotte

in the sense that I don't know the local weather variances.  This area seems

a bit 'protected' by factors I can't quite grasp yet.

Pelham's about a mile from where I used to live.

I do remember the hail when I was living just inside Avery County... almost nill.

Drive two miles just off the ridge east into Burke on any given summer day -

hail was guaranteed during a storm.  Used to drive down there right before a storm.

Loved the mountains!

Love weather! 

Weak sauce with these thunderstorms down here. Didn't even blow the cereal box off the top of the heaping pile of recycles out by the road.

I agree. Unimpressive line of storms imo. No wind to really speak of with the passage and only .05" worth of rain. 

The wind has picked up behind the line though.

Was sitting in the taco bell drive thru line and the wind blew the cover to my right tail light off.  I saw something flying across the parking lot and realized it was a tail light cover.  Got out of my car and motioned to the guy behind me asking if it was mine and he nodded with disbelief lol.  Thank goodness I ran it down before it went under their storage shed.  Needless to say these winds are wicked!

snowing hard again in west asheville wandering if Buncombe County schools will close.  currently on a 2 hour delay.  ground is completely covered in snow but roads are still looking wet like black ice but is sticking where the roads never get sun. 

The neighbors behind us have huge pines all over and one fell over, split a power pole in half and pulled power lines down. The tree fell completely across their road, so everyone that lives down the road from our neighbors can't get out of their road. We had to move things around in our yard so they can all drive through our back yard, along the side of our house and through our driveway. Duke Power came out last night but they said they would have to come back. They just finished clearing the tree and putting up a new power pole.

We have rabbits and a rabbit tractor (check Google). The wind completely lifted the tractor and flipped it over, throwing the rabbits out. So now I've got 2 rabbits that have been loose all day. They've gotten loose before while we've had them in with the chickens and even though we couldn't catch them for 3 days, they never left our yard. smh :rolleyes:

Archived