12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
2014 Severe Storm season

downeastnc

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some large cape values in place across parts of NC +3500 j/kg.  EHI also starting to build on the coast.  Mid level lapse rates also looking decent around Raleigh.  Lets see if the cap breaks and deals out some nice boomers, doesn't look like much of one so I bet it does.

Some large cape values in place across parts of NC +3500 j/kg. EHI also starting to build on the coast. Mid level lapse rates also looking decent around Raleigh. Lets see if the cap breaks and deals out some nice boomers, doesn't look like much of one so I bet it does.

Should be some good lightening, if we can get the action going. CAPE should continue to build.

Dcape is crazy high over most of NC and really high over eastern NC any storms that get organized and get into central and eastern NC before 8 or 9 tonight could create a bunch of wind damage reports. That line trying to fire from the Triad to Richmond looks promising for central and eastern NC, by 5-7 it should be going nuts plenty of instability to work with. This is the time of year we get these nasty bowing segments off washed out fronts that dive SE across NC from the Virginias..... 

As of 1:00 pm, the temp at RDU is 91 with a dp of 72. SBcape is 3500-4000 and MLcape is 2500-3000. -10 - -30cape is 600-700. LI is -7 - -8, and Dcape is 1000-1100.

Those are pretty stout numbers.

I just noticed this talk about stout numbers. I'm not picking on any one particular post. We need a match to set off all this stuff and in summer it's really hard to get a spark to set off the gasoline. That's why something as small as an outflow boundary can set off the gasoline (high cape and LI ect....).

Also once the matchc is set the gas burns off in a localized area and the storms usually are kot long lived and die (pulse type storms)

Archived