joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2014 Severe Storm season

downeastnc

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this storm cycles it might get pretty wicked.  Nonetheless agree on the hail core, looks like quarter sized hail per warning.

Its still maybe 10 miles to my west and the thunder is constant that real low artillery type thunder......my bothers girlfriend was in Farmville and said it whited out it was so windy and from experience that usually means 50-70 mph gust to get that effect.

I am about to get a lot of rain lol......which is good hasn't rained here in almost 3 weeks..

Nice man.  I wish we could get a widespread system like this in the mountains but those are few and far between.  That circulation passed just to your south, heck of a storm.

Nice man.  I wish we could get a widespread system like this in the mountains but those are few and far between.  That circulation passed just to your south, heck of a storm.

I have been listening to a low steady rumble for the last 4-5 mins that went to my south and west actually had me looking at the scans wondering if there was something to it then I have had 3-4 killer downburst where it whites out easy 50+ but its not pulling to many large branches etc so its not more than say 60 I reckon still a solid borderline severe storm for sure.

Today was trash day as well so there are trash cans everywhere lol

I have been listening to a low steady rumble for the last 4-5 mins that went to my south and west actually had me looking at the scans wondering if there was something to it then I have had 3-4 killer downburst where it whites out easy 50+ but its not pulling to many large branches etc so its not more than say 60 I reckon still a solid borderline severe storm for sure.

Today was trash day as well so there are trash cans everywhere lol

Haha nice.

Check out the storm South of Newton Grove.  Has some decent rotation and is in a solid environment.  Something to watch.

dang that storms means business, in the warning weather spotters reported 80+ mph

My brothers girlfriend was in Farmville at a grocery store said the wind flipped over the thing the carts go into and there are trees and power lines down in several places on her way home, she lives in Bell Arthur

Dude this is cool. Nice find!

Thanks man but I have to credit MikeGold who posts in the mountain thread as he was the first to post it over there and I am just passing it along!  Turn on the stations (top-right hand corner) and it will show where it triangulates the lightning from, cool effect.

Archived